News & Blogs - RV police chase - Southern Calif 101 from LA to Bakersfield | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs RV police chase - Southern Calif 101 from LA to Bakersfield

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
Reaction score
A man driving a motor home with two of his children on board has led police on a car chase across Los Angeles-area freeways and into Kern County on Tuesday afternoon, police said.

The suspect, who was not identified, was involved in a dispute with his wife earlier Tuesday, according to California Highway Patrol Officer Kevin Tao, a public information officer for the agency's Southern Division.

The motor home was initially "involved in an accident" with Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies Tuesday morning in the Santa Clarita Valley, according to an agency spokesman.

When Los Angeles police officers encountered the vehicle near Hollywood Boulevard shortly before 3 p.m., they ordered it to pull over, according to an LAPD spokesman.

The suspect fled.

The CHP took over the pursuit as the suspect took to the 170 and 5 freeways and headed northbound on the 5, according to Tao.

The mother of the children has been in contact with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department and has been on the phone with the suspect as he is driving, Tao said. The woman has been trying to persuade the man to pull over, according to Tao, who said the suspect is the father of both children.

It was unclear whether the man was armed.

Sameer

Reaction score
I live on 95 and enter California above Reno during the summer. during the winter am south on 95 between Blythe and Palm Springs. California is not so bad. the exception of course is the cost of fuel. living in my van I have never been bothered in California or Nevada. Ever!

Reactions: ScumRag

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads