RV Burns to Ground in Slab City | Squat the Planet

RV Burns to Ground in Slab City

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Every once in a while in Slab City you'll see a black column of smoke in the distance, which usually means someone's camper or camp is on fire. In this video we went to go check it out since occasionally people need help putting the fires out.

Sent from my LG-H815 using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

• Sad
Reactions: Brother X and Kal

todd

Reaction score
not a whole lot you can do with no water.. that sucks.
Where did the municipal department come from?

Dmac

Reaction score
That sucks. It is surprising how fast a RV or trailer can burn up. Hope no one was hurt. You said that his trailer burned last week too? Did he piss someone off or what?

D

Deleted member 17306

Wow. Was the first fire an accident? I've always found James to be quite a nice guy. But, dealing in as much he does, it's not hard to imagine things going sideways. It seems like he probably doesn't deserve that..but, who knows how much things have changed since I've been there last.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
As far as anyone knows, both incidents were an accident, so it was just some really shitty luck.

And there was a niland fire department but I think they closed that down, so maybe it comes from Brawley I'm not sure.

Sent from my LG-H815 using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads