Romance for the perpetually single | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

Romance for the perpetually single

FromNowhere

Reaction score
Van life for me has been lonely. Mostly by choice, but I realize how difficult it can be to find someone with a similar worldview and who is open to living on the road (at least for the foreseeable future). I ended my last relationship simply because I wasn't happy. That was before I hit the road. I already knew it wasn't going to work in the long-term. The intense loneliness I have felt off and on since then causes me to second guess myself sometimes. I want nothing more than to find that special someone, but not at the cost of unhappily clinging to a relationship that is unfulfilling.

Good luck to all the single people out there!

Reactions: MamaSow

bjorkedfork

Reaction score
Was in a ten year conventional relationship, married for seven of those years and now separated for two years. Not yet divorced and to me it really doesn't matter because I have no intention of getting married again.

My wife is a bi-polar manic-depressive and we tried to start a family only to lose our child. She was off her meds due to the pregnancy and things really got fucked up in the aftermath with her mental illness and one day she packed everything up, cleaned out our joint account, and disappeared.

It was a really hard adjustment to make but now I realize how much she consumed my person and life. I'm actually happier now without any stress or distractions. Not involved with anyone on a sexual level, have no girlfriend, and am not dating.

I miss the part of being able to have a partner to share life, experiences, and build something with. Having solid friendships help.

Last edited:

rooster831

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Was in a ten year conventional relationship, married for seven of those years and now separated for two years. Not yet divorced and to me it really doesn't matter because I have no intention of getting married again.

My wife in bi-polar manic depressive and we tried to start a family only to lose our child. She was off her meds due to the pregnancy and things really got fucked up in the aftermath with her mental illness and one day she packed everything up, cleaned out our joint account, and disappeared.

I was a really hard adjustment to make but now I realize how much she consumed my person and life. I'm actually happier now without any stress or distractions. Not involved with anyone on a sexual level, have no girlfriend, and am not dating.

I miss the part of being able to have a partner to share life, experiences, and build something with. Having solid friendships help.

Dogs are way better companions

Try one out

bjorkedfork

Reaction score
I love dogs, not in the cards at this time in my life. Living out of a Subaru Legacy Outback while working at a full time job and doing a van conversion project as my new home. Maybe once the van is done I'll more space and time for a canine companion but I can't look after a dog while working my long shifts.

rooster831

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I love dogs, not in the cards at this time in my life. Living out of a Subaru Legacy Outback while working at a full time job and doing a van conversion project as my new home. Maybe once the van is done I'll more space and time for a canine companion but I can't look after a dog while working my long shifts.

Fo sho I can dig

D

deleted user

I value romance between two individuals kinda highly, though, and I fully believe that it's easy to do in the nomadic lifestyle.

it really just takes communication, but that's literally any interpersonal dynamic in the world.

being alone hasn't been the worst, I've loved it, actually. though, the idea of companionship is extremely compelling, whether romantic or not.

I'm reading a book that solidifies what I mean, it's called "fully human, fully alive". you must accept who you are for what you are, you must believe in yourself, then you must forget yourself. real love is achieved by being you, but caring for your community as though they were you. it's an interesting little dynamic that I've lived by my whole life, but have just recently discovered a way to explain it.

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
I'm at the point in my life where I crave mental stimulation more than physical. Intelligence and compassion, ever searching for more knowledge and new experiences. If only I could find a Bi Girl to have a mutually bi open relationship- now that would be something I've never experienced. After my last girlfriend I'm definitely staying on my own for a very long time. I always look for connection- wether girl or guy- that indisputable feeling of being able to be at ease and oneself when around them. That kind of person whom you feel as if you've known them in a past life. Unfortunately it's rare.

• Useful
Reactions: Odin

Johny

Reaction score
....i cant find a woman who will put up with my wonderlust , and so i pretty much wonder alone and meet random ppl along the way then never see them agian , i am pretty tired of being alone and wish i could find some cool chick to travel with but i dont see it happening , i think im to old and fugly for most lol and have been alone so long im prob a little crabby at this point

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yea so much great stuff in this thread...

Yet Alone is alone.

Sigh.''

::cigar::

May::drinkingbuddy::be tomorrow.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads