Rockaway Beach | Squat the Planet

Rockaway Beach

Raging Bird

Reaction score
Website
www.ragingbirdofyouth.tumblr.com
Yeah, like the Ramones song. I'm going up to New York to see Merzbow later this week -- does anyone know if you can sleep on Rockaway Beach? Will we get fucked with by the cops, homebums, or murderous gangs? Would be chill to have a free fucking spot to sleep since I don't know the squats up there anymore.

Reactions: Kal

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I didn't even know that was a real place. Merzbow would be a sweet show to see though. Good luck!

wombatt

Reaction score
Website
nogodsnomasterz.tumblr.com
The rockaways are real and are a free spot to sleep at. There are gangs but they won't bother you if you don't bother them. But if you really want a cool beach spot in NYC than I'd suggest Coney Island or Brighton beach (also there are plenty of squats/squattable buildings scattered across NYC that I can direct you to if you message me privately)

Reactions: Kal

tobepxt

Reaction score
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
yea the rockaways are real. its a pretty fucked area economically in the far end. i know when the hurricane came through a few years ago it destroyed much of the boardwalk. on the west end is a big park and lots of nature and trees. its such a long ride to get there on the trains/buses, but plenty of ways you could sleep there.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads