Photos - Remodelling Inside My Van | Squat the Planet

Photos Remodelling Inside My Van

Jerrell

Reaction score
I finally got rid of the platform over lots of storage space in my van. I should have taken a pic if it before taking it out, but forgot.
Here's where I am so far with the redesign of my home.

Attachments

• 20190916_153358.jpg
    20190916_153358.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 410
  • 20190916_153405.jpg
    20190916_153405.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 395
  • 20190916_153418.jpg
    20190916_153418.jpg
    469.2 KB · Views: 402

Jerrell

Reaction score
Yeah, I have...I'm going to hit up RTR this time and maybe get some ideas, but I also kinda want to get intosomething bigger with more ground clearance, soI don't want to go crazy with this van.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@Jerrell
Dude, hell ya RtR. I want to go again so bad, when is it this year?

Jerrell

Reaction score
It will be in January I believe. Don't know the exact when or the exact location. I'm pretty much relying on talking to other rubbertramps as I make my way west. Lol

Sameer

Reaction score
Because of the crowds and other restrictions the RTR will not be in quartzsite but somewhere near Anza-Borrego in California. Actually they are still looking for a suitable place.
Nice remodel. always think that because of weather conditions you might be stuck inside for a day or two so you want room to be comfortable. You want space. That's my only tip. I don't know how you camp or travel or if you live on public land. My last remodel, I've included a photograph of the room I have inside.
IMG_20190908_102420847.jpg

Jerrell

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I kinda just threw my stuff in and hit the road, no room for a couch for sure, but wish I'd made my bunk more of futon situation. Haha I can sit up and lean back on my pillow & warm weather bag though.
I'm thinking of making some kind of window inserts for insulation. I survived last year fine, but holding in more heat is always nice. Especially in more humid environments.

Groundscore

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I kinda just threw my stuff in and hit the road, no room for a couch for sure, but wish I'd made my bunk more of futon situation. Haha I can sit up and lean back on my pillow & warm weather bag though.
I'm thinking of making some kind of window inserts for insulation. I survived last year fine, but holding in more heat is always nice. Especially in more humid environments.

Windows are the bane of vehicle dwelling. Sure, they can give a nice view, but that's what outside is for. As is they are heat loss magnets during the winter, and heat amplifiers during the summer. Try a layered approach to insulating them, Reflectix and foam, along with heavy fabric.

• Useful
Reactions: Jerrell

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads