recurring dreams

scales

Reaction score
one of mines are that i keep dreaming that aim flying that aim flapping my wings and flying not sure if i have wings or feathers but i do remember that aim flapping my wings.

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
I used to have recurring dreams about school, they were pretty persistent all through my 20's.
I sometimes get deja vous while dreaming, then when I wake I realize that the dream or at least the
dreamscape which I was in was one that I had or was in before.
One of the worst dreams I ever had was during the time when I used to work in a liquor store.
One night I had a very long dream about work, In the dream I was stocking the beer cooler.
I woke up to the alarm clock, got dressed and went to work. When I got there my boss told me
the beer cooler needed stocking. I headed to the cooler grumbling "god damn it, I already did it
last night!".

Anybody here ever have lucid dreams?

scatwomb

Reaction score
I saved up for some badass boots which I bought two days ago. And, the past two nights, I have had dreams about my badass boots. That is all.

outskirts

Reaction score
I used to have dreams that I was pumping gas and it kept charging me but didn't fill up my car.
Needless to say I woke up pissed off
I can't even imagine having that dream, I'm from Jersey. If I had had that dream, I would have just been sitting there in the car
staring at the gas pump wondering "where the hell is the gas attendant?, why isn't he here pumping my gas."
Oh wait a minute, that actually happens sometimes when I gas up out of state, lol.

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
I have a lot of dreams about zombies chasing me.

I used to have this recurring dream that i was riding my bike off a sidewalk and then I was free falling from the sky and when i was about to hit the ground I would swoop back up and start free falling again until it woke me up.

KatAttack

Reaction score
Website
takeoldmakenew.wordpress.com
I can't even imagine having that dream, I'm from Jersey. If I had had that dream, I would have just been sitting there in the car
staring at the gas pump wondering "where the hell is the gas attendant?, why isn't he here pumping my gas."
Oh wait a minute, that actually happens sometimes when I gas up out of state, lol.

Damn I wish people would pump my gas. But this is the south. everything is a little backward...

Reactions: outskirts

dprogram

Reaction score
Anybody here ever have lucid dreams?

I've read about it. Meditated before I go to sleep so that I could have them but can't make myself. Supposedly if you can realize that you are actually dreaming during your dream then you are actually lucid dreaming. That's when you're supposed to be able to control everything that you do in your dream and have fun with it.

outskirts

Reaction score
I've read about it. Meditated before I go to sleep so that I could have them but
can't make myself. Supposedly if you can realize that you are actually dreaming during your dream then you are actually lucid dreaming. That's when you're supposed to be able to control everything that you do in your dream and have fun with it.
Yup, I've only had lucid dreams twice and both times were by accident I was not trying. Have fun with it is an understatement! You can
do just about anything you want in them. In both of them I was able to have complete control of the dream as far as stuff(people and objects) around me, direction and outcome, etc. However I could not do anything to change the entire scene around me, like "hey I'm
tired of being in this auditorium, I wanna change it to the beach). It's so weird when you realize that you're dreaming while you're in the
middle of a dream, I can't find the words to describe it, you'd have to experience it for yourself.
There are also "false awakenings" which are waking up from a dream into another dream. Each time you wake you think it's reality that
you just woke to, but no, you're still dreaming. I find these more annoying than amusing, especially when they get past 3 deep.
But if you're having them, you're closer to having a lucid dream, it's just a matter of realizing that you have not waken up.

dprogram

Reaction score
Some deep stuff really. I've read that hypothetically we should have the ability to tap into collective consciousness during dreaming as well. Since you're subconscious mind is at work during your dream state then it seems totally plausible.

Teko

rooted
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I know its a dream if I'm not getting attacked by mosquitoes. Apparently I've got sweet blood so they like me.
my grandmother always told me the same thing.

Teko

rooted
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I had an reoccurring dream for almost 3 weeks straight. Every night I would wake up when my body smacked the ground in my dream. I never knew if I was jumping, being pushed, falling or what, but I would always wake up right as I died in my dream. Although I still think it was my body shaking off trauma with my girlfriend and I but until we got back together I had that dream every time I fell asleep. I had planned on making this a lot more detailed, but I suddenly lost my urge to write.

outskirts

Reaction score
i always have reoccurring dreams, i always forget what they are though. i should start writing them down...
but when im in my dreams i always remember to check if its real or not by flipping a light switch. if the light stays on or off while flipping, im still dreaming. weird i know
I can never seem to remember to check the light switches in dreams.
I remember a scene of that senario in the movie Waking Life.
I also hearing that reading small text in dreams is very difficult, that if you're trying to read a book and it's blurry... you're dreaming.
However that does not work for me either since I have read in my dreams, though it is tough to do so. Though I'm a voracious reader
I do struggle with comprehension a bit when reading, which is probably why I don't recognize that I'm dreaming when I'm reading in
a dream. I'm still trying to find the right cue that I'm dreaming, it seems to be elusive when you're a vivid dreamer.

outskirts

Reaction score
Does anyone on here dream in black & white?
I'm always running into people who say nobody dreams in color. I always dream in color! I can't imagine what it would
be like to dream in black & white, like being in an old movie maybe?
Do people really dream in black & white?

dprogram

Reaction score
I have dreams in black and white and in color. Most seem to be as if everything is lit in one particular light...usually red or green. In my dreams the important things always are vividly colored. Like one I had about me at a carnival and I took a whole bottle of acid in a sweet breath bottle then had to piss and when I did it came out fluorescent purple. Later on a clown on like 30 foot stilts leaned way way down to hand me an apple and it was extremely bright green. The background colors are usually red in mine...almost like the only light source is red. I dunno...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads