recurring dreams

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
there is one recurring nightmare that i have every now and then. It usually starts the same, that i lose control of my body and i start shaking like im having a seizure. after that is finished i crawl around looking for help though i can barely see anything around me. The lighting is either very low or maybe i go blind? anyways i start hearing malicious voices around me and i start trying to run away from them. I try calling for help but my voice doesn't make a sound. then eventually i find a silhouette of someone and i try to get to them but before i reach them, whatever was chasing me grabs hold of my arms and pulls me away. at that point i usually wake up lol

AnthraxMatt

Reaction score
I can never seem to remember to check the light switches in dreams.
I remember a scene of that senario in the movie Waking Life.
I also hearing that reading small text in dreams is very difficult, that if you're trying to read a book and it's blurry... you're dreaming.
However that does not work for me either since I have read in my dreams, though it is tough to do so. Though I'm a voracious reader
I do struggle with comprehension a bit when reading, which is probably why I don't recognize that I'm dreaming when I'm reading in
a dream. I'm still trying to find the right cue that I'm dreaming, it seems to be elusive when you're a vivid dreamer.

thats what i got the idea from, tried and it works. but also being one to enjoy lucid dreaming, i tend to just watch where the dream takes me than trying to wake up.

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
there is one recurring nightmare that i have every now and then. It usually starts the same, that i lose control of my body and i start shaking like im having a seizure. after that is finished i crawl around looking for help though i can barely see anything around me. The lighting is either very low or maybe i go blind? anyways i start hearing malicious voices around me and i start trying to run away from them. I try calling for help but my voice doesn't make a sound. then eventually i find a silhouette of someone and i try to get to them but before i reach them, whatever was chasing me grabs hold of my arms and pulls me away. at that point i usually wake up lol
I think that shit would give me a heart attack in my sleep!

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
I've had nightmares about being murdered a few times. Always from being shot, usually in the back of the head.
They are always really intense, the loud bang I feel as much as hear, but actually every thing is combined as if it all happens at
once and connected, yet sperate... the sound, the pain, the warm wetness spilling down my neck, the lightness in the back of my head,
and that faint wif of gunpowder. All of those sensations at once. Then the sudden weakness and everything starts going blurry as I fall,
I see blurry figures standing over me drift almost completely out of focus as I feel myself drifting away. I wake before I completely drift
from my body.
I waken freaked out, gripping my head and looking for the blood. I did manage to write one of them down once after waking from it.

Anyone else almost die in a nightmare, or worse?

TommyRx

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I've had a reoccurring dream several times throughout my life. In the dream I am jumping several feet into the air. I keep jumping from tree branch to tree branch until finally I fall and break my legs. Every time I wake up from this dream my legs hurt. I had this dream lately and it was a little different this time. This time I was chained to the ground so when I jumped I was instantly pulled down.

Just last night I had my first loop dream. In the dream I kept reliving my own death over and over again. When I woke up I couldn't move my legs and my body hurt a lot. I don't usually over think my dreams due to the fact that they make horror movies look like fun, but they don't usually hurt.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
I usually get loop dreams when I'm trying desperately to stay awake. Needless to say i had a lot of those when i was in highschool in class. haha man my teachers hated me.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads