Raymond Dana James | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Raymond Dana James

Johnny P

Reaction score
7136 Winding Brook Ct, Columbus, OH 43235, USA
@Cornelius Vango It was that crazy story on reddit where the paranoid kid thought he was being hunted by Slabbers. He only mentioned that he Air Bnbs the sanctuary and how great his reviews are. Then later down the thread he posted the video of the situation where people tried to "rob" him in daylight. Nothing you've probably havent seen before. I tracked him back to FB and all his posts were sob stories, where if you didnt know the guy you'd feel bad about him and have a negative view on the Slabs. He's pretty good (from what I've realized) at making himself look good and victimized and others looking like shit. I can try to track it down, but like I said. It's probably everything you've already seen and heard before. He's a pretty repetitive guy from what I've noticed too. Also way over uses the word meth lab too. This guys is POS and set a $30k goal for go fund me lol

Reactions: Cornelius Vango

BadKidNick

Reaction score
Raymond James AKA RD James (on FB) AKA Cannibal Ray--

This man has stolen from many people including myself, tried to get my friend's dog taken by animal control by coming to my house and inciting a fight with his dog and faking an injury, threatened to burn my house down, threatened me with a knife and a gun on separate occasions, has been found spying on my house from the bushes, has physically attacked at least two local women, as well as shooting another in the leg for simply driving past his house, brags about killing someone, and has written multiple books advocating "survival" methods that would hurt people, administering fake medicine and healing techniques, he also made another attempt on my life by loosening the lug-nuts of my van's front tire to nearly falling off. He has been evicted from my hometown of Slabs by individuals taking a stand against him with no help from local authorities
View attachment 30755
This is him. He has a few pages on FB as well:
https://www.facebook.com/Slab-City-Sanctuary-731106950320869/
https://www.facebook.com/slabcitysectorseven/?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/cannibals.christ.393

This video he uploaded is of him being approached by an angry mob of people who were telling him that it is time to leave Slab City. http://www.interventioncenters.org/...lab-city-sanctuary-rd-james-takes-on-a-dozen/

He tries to play it off as some random thieves that he heroically stands up to.

Here is his gofundme--

And here is his list of publications--
View attachment 30756

He habitually pisses everyone off and then plays the victim, "everyone is just mean to me because they're drug addicts and they're mad that I do the right thing" kind of shit. Like his "earthfirst" chapter, which consists of only him, and all he does is call the police on anyone and everyone under the guise that they were burning garbage and polluting the air. He has also said that he throws unused canisters of propane into burn barrels to "take care of" enemies of the earth. He also burned down the nearest camp to his place and planted large full two-gallon propane tanks near the blaze to kill the person that was trying to move in. We were able to arrive to the fire in time to remove the tanks.

In short, this man is a fucking terrorist and should be avoided at all costs. If you want to, you can go to any of his pages and give him bad ratings/warn people of his terrorism, snake-oil salesmanship and misogyny. I would hate for him to repeat this in another community.

This guy has been trouble for years tho. Nothing new, I thought it was all in my head.

Meow Meow

Reaction score
27901-27907 Skyline Dr, Corona, CA 92882, USA
Just wanted to share a different, although, albeit very limited perspective...

I've met you (Cornelius) and Raymond a few years back in the slabs. I was just passing through and stayed a few days but you both seem like nice/good people to me.

I remember meeting Raymond and I must say he seemed nice and didn't strike me as being crazy or "off". He seemed like a kind of quiet dude (met him near Internet cafe) and he was making little slab city souvenirs to sell out of empty bullet shells which was pretty cool/nifty. He told me about the "how-to" book he wrote about suicide which I thought was pretty weird but also interesting and obviously controversial.

Anyways, I haven't seen another side of him and I don't think I got weird vibes from him, but I was just there not even a minute. I'm sure some locals have a more in-depth and detailed perspective.

I just wanted to share another side. It's definitely cool to warn people about shady characters, but I guess it's also good to meet them and judge for yourself. I was just in slab city the other day and didn't see him, not like I was looking though.

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
I remember meeting Raymond and I must say he seemed nice and didn't strike me as being crazy or "off".

Said it before, will say it again. Just because someone's nice to you doesnt mean they're nice people :p

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
True that, but it works both ways ;)

giving people the benefit of the doubt is a great trait to have, but it's also important to be aware that when 90% of people have something bad to say about someone, you should probably pay attention to what the majority is saying.

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
Just wanted to share a different, although, albeit very limited perspective...

I've met you (Cornelius) and Raymond a few years back in the slabs. I was just passing through and stayed a few days but you both seem like nice/good people to me.

I remember meeting Raymond and I must say he seemed nice and didn't strike me as being crazy or "off". He seemed like a kind of quiet dude (met him near Internet cafe) and he was making little slab city souvenirs to sell out of empty bullet shells which was pretty cool/nifty. He told me about the "how-to" book he wrote about suicide which I thought was pretty weird but also interesting and obviously controversial.

Anyways, I haven't seen another side of him and I don't think I got weird vibes from him, but I was just there not even a minute. I'm sure some locals have a more in-depth and detailed perspective.

I just wanted to share another side. It's definitely cool to warn people about shady characters, but I guess it's also good to meet them and judge for yourself. I was just in slab city the other day and didn't see him, not like I was looking though.

Dude, I lived next to him for nearly two years. You talked to him for a few minutes. He is fucking nuts.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads