2016 Jamboree Randy Martin not welcome at jambo

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2016 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HoboinaTux

Reaction score
Sometimes a dudes gotta get his Jaw realigned a few times before he learns to communicate within the boundaries of others. My jaw certainly no longer functions properly. I have found, in my life, difficultly functioning within social mediums and boundaries in orfer to be recieved in accordance with my intention. Now my awkwardness does not USUALLY require an attitude adjustment. However, schwilly David don't give a fuck. I also greatly dispise what, I myself see, as false societal"truths". I do not feel that judging and restricting a person who is CAPABLE of coexistence to be of mutual benefit.

Over the years what has appealed to me about the afflicted outcasts of our, at present, poisoned global society, and to a lesser extent (sorry Matt) this forum, os the overall lack of such restrictions or disreputed ways of behavior. In acknowlement, and disdain for my white male privilege, which has sent my around the world upon its merit alone. Placing very real restrictions upon another simply because that is the known way of making a bodies own pleasantries met, is reinviting the same division the white male currently enjoys. A simple social animal if annoyed with the behavior of another will either relocate, or put the offense to rest. Which is a form of restriction im aware. It does not act to altogether exclude a participatory hand on this ship of fools.

I do not wish for yall to barr this individual. It seems perfectly within the capabilities of the group to allow one having a bad day or some other such use for physical violence to show the way coexistence is to happen.

My much needed mental exercise of thoughtful communication complete, i close with, i will in all probability not be there, so do what you will. But the world would function so much for the better if economic, social agreeableness, size, or PARTICULAR ability of an individual would be simply seen as a fact that it is just what it is. It could then be employed for the benefit of all and the betterment of all simply to, with more understanding, perception, and increasing variety the sea upon which our ship travels is able to provide pleasure to its passengers.

Last edited:
K

Kim Chee

I do not wish for yall to barr this individual. It seems perfectly within the capabilities of the group to allow one having a bad day or some other such use for physical violence to show the way coexistence is to happen.

I refuse to be responsible for his actions (and will admit I am unable), therefore I'll agree with everybody else who thinks he should be barred from the event.

Will you be responsible for his actions?

If so, in what way?

Got band aids?

All that coexistence stuff kind of goes out the window when somebody doesn't want to coexist, right?

HoboinaTux

Reaction score
I actually would make it out to the middle of the fucking desert if it would allow this person to attend the event. If that means claiming responsibility of his actions I am open and willing to discuss what that means. It's easy to shoo away something different and pretend it isn't there.

D

deleted user

@HoboinaTux all considered, direct communication about coexisting and respect would be appropriate but im pretty sure he would require intensive attention, an amount of attention that would exceed the jamboree to get a point of respect for others across.
To add, last jambo, shit blew up at the bar one night and he ran off into the slabs threw peoples camps and shit. Me and his friend chris went to help him before he got hurt. So after running threw peoples backyards in the dark and waking up everyones dogs he stopped and began to give this cryptic narcissistic monologue. Despite wanting to convey the hazard of being in the dark and pissing off people who might wanna beat our asses, i sat and listened (mind also that he was drunk and winding down from lsd). He is not a bad dude, even though he hit me in the possess of getting him out of this bad situation, he deserves respect too. However, he reeps what he sows. These social truths are collected first hand experiences. Both corn and ephemeral have had serious problems with the dude. Maybe if he reflected and apologized to them, shit could begin to look like co-existing but its seems randys cool down rate is equatable to a wild fire, he fucks shit up for himself. I could be wrong, id be nice if everyone could level out, maybe it can be worked out.
Also going the route of realigning his jaw would require someone to put down their beer to woop ass, not really fair for anyone scene it probably won't change anything, he would probably leave beat up and hurt emotionally. I think this is kinda for corn and andy's well-being, scene nobody should be grabbed and the library doesn't need to be fucked with, plus they put alot into this jambo happening in the first place. Then again nothing actually can stop him from showing so if he makes it out there he would have to really humble himself on his end to coexist, but i think it asks alot from him. Its great that you don't want to see someone bullied out, i admire that, and considering STP has had petty spats before this could seem like one of those, but he really did act like a dickhead.

• Sad
Reactions: EphemeralStick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I actually would make it out to the middle of the fucking desert if it would allow this person to attend the event. If that means claiming responsibility of his actions I am open and willing to discuss what that means. It's easy to shoo away something different and pretend it isn't there.

haha dude, you don't even know what you're asking of us. one of the main organizers (who runs the event space) has asked that he not attend, and we're going to respect that request. simple as that.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Reactions: Kal

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ohhh... he's back again?

In all honesty, I would say that if he shows up, and I'm there, I'll give him *ONE* chance to behave.

If he fucks off that one chance, things will NOT go well between him & I. I will personally see to his ejection from the slabs.

I only say this because there might be a slight chance that he has a desire to redeem himself of his actions last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads