Photos Rail Fanning in Tucson

D

Deleted member 29963

I used to rail fan in Estevan Park and the Halfway House when that was going. Lately I've been crossing the bridge on e. 22nd over the yard between South Tucson and Barrio Centro more days than not, and doing some great rail fanning. Today I saw this:

Attachments

• IMG_20201214_105937.jpg
    IMG_20201214_105937.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 218
  • IMG_20201214_105914.jpg
    IMG_20201214_105914.jpg
    731.6 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20201214_110213.jpg
    IMG_20201214_110213.jpg
    857.4 KB · Views: 252

WanderLost

Reaction score
So what do you think those are? At first i thought they were "high wides" then i got a closer look. Is that some kinda stuff for rail maintenance/repair?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Matt Derrick
D

Deleted member 29963

Some kind of electronic transformers maybe? Closer to the unit were a few bulldozers, and I got kind of excited because it's been years since I've seen equipment not enclosed on a train like that.

Then by the time I got close enough to shoot some pics, there were these lego looking things?! I can't see it on my phone, but the pic I took from the left was specifically to try to get the up stamp on them. So yeah, I think these are some sort of electrical equipment.

WanderLost

Reaction score
Some kind of electronic transformers maybe? Closer to the unit were a few bulldozers, and I got kind of excited because it's been years since I've seen equipment not enclosed on a train like that.

Then by the time I got close enough to shoot some pics, there were these lego looking things?! I can't see it on my phone, but the pic I took from the left was specifically to try to get the up stamp on them. So yeah, I think these are some sort of electrical equipment.
Hm idk it kinda looks like that rail work shit thats always layin around on some dead track somewhere. Those blue tanks on them look like its for fuel maybe?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads