Qaurtsite Arizona

MichelleA66

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I lived in an RV there. Many people camped on BLM in tents. You can find work in November/ December helping gem dealers set up, etc... Some will keep you through the season if you work hard. I haven't been in 4 winters but I'm sure not much has changed other than the amount of attendees to the January big tent RV show has supposedly decreased 🤷🏻‍♀️

Spazz

Reaction score
I call Quartzsite "home". Well, technically "Domicile" because I'm a rubber tramp and about the only place I'm not considered "too old" is Q.

Yes, you can camp at the LTVA for seven months, which takes care of residency requirements for voting, auto insurance, etc. Go to the DMV in Parker and they'll fix that right on up for you.

But the winds are going to destroy your tent. People will give you new ones. Having just given one away, I can see how it could become addictive to watch a senior citizen's face light up and their self esteem go through the roof.

A tent turned my friend into a "tourist" when she thought she was a "homeless". Now she's ready to go to Flag!

But the season's over. Vendors are leaving. Nothing at the food bank but stale candy bars and unwanted children's breakfast cereals.

So yea, you can tent camp but you're going to want a car. I've done two seasons and don't recommend staying until Mid-April.

It gets to 120F here in the summer and people die. The locals aren't monsters, but their town isn't a garbage can for the nation's unwanted elderly either.

Come visit us in December.

• Useful
Reactions: Dmac

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads