Primus sucks...

xRastaxRuggzx

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I am a big fan of Les Claypool and Primus, was wondering if anyone shared the same passion as I do. There is just something about them that catches my ear, could it be Les's hillarious tales, the acrobatic manuvering of Ler's guitar, or the funk inspired drums of Brain? Not too sure. If you havent checked out Primus in detail before, here are a couple of their more eclectic songs.

1. Natural Joe- Antipop
2. Dirty Drownin' Man- AntiPop
3. Eleven/Is it luck- Sailing the Seas of Cheese
4. Hamburger Train-Pork Soda
5. Harold of the Rocks-Frizzle Fry

Also, Primus is set to play in Oakland on New Years/New Years Eve with the Residents one night (performing Sailing The Seas of Cheese in it's entirity) and the second night with Les Claypool's Funky Bunch. go to primusville.com, for more information.

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
did you hear les claypool and the frog brigade play the entire "animals" album by pink floyd live? it's very fucking awesome! you can download it lots of places and probably see it on youtube.

sailing the seas of cheese was one of my favorites. also that dvd hallucinogenetics.. awesome show.

xRastaxRuggzx

Reaction score
yah I heard Les cover Pigs and Have A Cigar. Oysterhead was pretty tight as well. Blind Illusion was ok. never heard tons of their stuff so I can't say one way or the other.

keg

Reaction score
would listen to them and fishbone before school while enjoying pakalolo.those guys must be old.but i read his book so no doubt his music is still funky and crazy shit.

jsax

Reaction score
never saw Primus as a bunch, but did see Les a couple years ago promoting of fungi and foe. had a lot of fun. such a talented mind.

3t87

Reaction score
watched a primus interview and one of les claypool's biggest inspirators was mark sandman from morphine, he is passed on but a good bassist none the less.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads