Discussion Post questions you want answered in the podcast here!

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Hey folks, so I'm interested in starting a new segment of the show where we answer people's questions on the podcast. So, I'm starting this thread here so people can post questions they'd like us to answer on the show. You can post here, or send me a private message, or if you want to be more anonymous, you can send an email to [email protected].

If the question is of a very personal nature, or you want to remain anonymous, please state that in the message and I will make sure to exclude any identifying information from the message when we read it on the show.

Thank you for your help in making this podcast as useful as possible :)

Geraldo

The Saltiest Swamp Siren
Staff member
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Oregon
Reactions
98% 0% 1%
So I have this rash....

OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
geez, i can't believe we didn't get a single question in 2 months.

highwayman

Emperor of the North Pole
Lifetime Supporter
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Im mostly in New Bedford, Mass when home.
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Here is a question:
What happens to STP after @Matt Derrick ?

Would it simply cease to exist (remember digihitch)? Are there provisions in place to continue what exists (hosting, coding,ownership)?

Secondary big picture type group of related questions: Could the digital communal concept that exists here at STP ever grow/evolve to become something more concrete, longterm, egalitarian & or sustainable. Could STP ever be structured as a 501c3 nonprofit so that it could solicit & receive in kind donations of "real property", grants etc? Could it be/is it already an LLC? Could it ever be possible that STP could acquire infrastructure such as land, buildings, ,vehicles with a defined mission statement, democratic board, budget, and the like. Obviously we are all here for a short time with younger generations seeking more mainstream platforms to meet, communicate, share ideas etc. Could the maturity, experience, effort, energy and resources of some of us aging middle aged folks & unknown others be constructed/consolidated into something else? An alternative retirement village, lol? or something of a steward for future generations? While the potential is hypothetical & therefore endless, could the forum ever function to grow as a collective, worker coop, intentional community, drop in center, performance space, maker space, private land camping space etc?

Could STP ever grow to be something more for even more people?

Last edited:

Geraldo

The Saltiest Swamp Siren
Staff member
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Oregon
Reactions
98% 0% 1%

Snorting Nitrons

Fragrant Vagrant
StP Supporter
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Bum Feed
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I am absolutely interested in being a part of any effort that seeks to see these things come to be. I couldn't imagine a better retirement plan.
I know Matt has previously expressed interest in establishing physical spaces that serve as traveler hubs. This is something I would get behind with a passion.
Not only do I thoroughly enjoy hosting like-minded travelers--young and old--but I am highly motivated to share such spaces with my fierce teenage daughters, who were radically raised in anarchist communities.