Point Roberts, Washington

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
no, but it's one of the places i was considering sailing to after the jambo to check out

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Ever considered following up by going to Vancouver or White Rock, in Canada?
Not allowed into Canada unfortunately. Hopefully one day, but not anytime soon

pseudoego

Reaction score
OK, I get the picture. They will let anybody in from anywhere in the world claiming to be a refugee - without verifying their story - including Terrorists who have then tried to attack the USA - but they won't let people in who admit to mistakes in their youth, had a foolish DWI, or got busted for possession of an Herb which they now have decriminalized and sell openly in stores and online.

Reactions: iamwhatiam

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
Ten years after your last arrest is what they told me the last time I tried legitimately. Considering one of the worst attacks in Canadian history was just carried out by a 51 yr old white dentist who was a Canadian native, maybe refugees aren't the ones you should be terrified of.

pseudoego

Reaction score
Yeah, I was not aware that Canadian Natives need to request permission to entry the country - and are screened before they are allowed in...which is - after all - what the conversation is about, in terms of screening people for entry. Obviously, there are all sorts of potentially deranged people living in EVERY country - of every skin color and occupation - about whom we don't know anything until they do something bizarre.. So what? If you want to assert that at least being able to VERIFY that somebody is indeed 51, white, Canadian and a Dentist - as opposed to having NO verification of a person's background - neither of Employment nor Gang Affiliations - would not enhance predictions of risk, go right ahead....enjoy your apples and oranges mashup with your morning beverage.

• Epic
Reactions: Juan Derlust

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Ten years after your last arrest is what they told me the last time I tried legitimately. Considering one of the worst attacks in Canadian history was just carried out by a 51 yr old white dentist who was a Canadian native, maybe refugees aren't the ones you should be terrified of.
It's called an application for Rehabilitation that you need to fill out in order to be allowed re-entry. Not only does the form and associated fees cost money, but according to one article I read about it, it is highly recommend you hire a lawyer specializing in that sort of thing to help you with filling out all the paperwork. Apparently, the border agents will go over that form with a microscope and if ANYTHING is filled out wrong or incomplete then it's denied. On said form, they ask you all kinds of questions i.e. To list EVERY job you've had since you were 18, To list EVERY place of residence you've held since you were 18, etc. Not only that, but you are required to show proof that you are "Financially Stable". I, unfortunately, am a seasonal worker that works maybe 4 months or so out of the year so I am nowhere near what they would deem financially stable and I probably won't be for sometime time. Fuck it

Last edited:
  • Useful

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
Damn, guy definitely made it sound easier than that. Don't know if he was doing me a favor but he told me they were gonna act like I never tried and to come back when tens yrs is up and it'd be no problem. I definitely could not remember every job I've had since 18...

• Agree

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, guy definitely made it sound easier than that. Don't know if he was doing me a favor but he told me they were gonna act like I never tried and to come back when tens yrs is up and it'd be no problem. I definitely could not remember every job I've had since 18...
The rehabilitation form thing is for people that have numerous charges on their record. I don't even have anything THAT bad...mostly drinking in public/disorderly charges, trespassing citations, a shoplifting charge, etc....but I'm guessing if you only had like 1 or 2 minor offences on your record, you might have an easier time gaining entry. I don't know. It's ridiculous how strict they are about it

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads