Places to shower

VtJake

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right forum or not for this but I figured if people knew of public places where one can take a free or cheap shower, they could be compiled here. I know some of the ocean beaches on the east coast have shower facilities, and free outdoor showers for washing salt water off..

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I never wear flip flops. I just use beeswax peppermint lip balm on my feet and that shit goes away that plus a healthy immune system. A lot of shelters have places to shower also. The problem with truck stops in that sometimes they say truckers only. And won't let you in.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Gyms, community centers. College campuses. Truck stops - especially Pilot and Flying J, ask a trucker if he has an extra shower on his card, and he will usually get you a shower for free.

I have seen this on some of the Facebook Groups trucker rideshares that I am on as well. Place to shower :) Cool people!

Reactions: Kal and VtJake

CrashBandit

Reaction score
Another one that's easy to find are hotels/motels where all room doors are outside not in a hallway with lobby.

Everybody knows the free morning breakfast trick, but if you wait just after check out time often the cleaning ladies will make sure rooms are empty then leave the used rooms lock turned inside out. I presume so they'll know which rooms they need to clean?

Then they clean rooms left to right or right to left. Just watch which direction they're going then jump way ahead of them. Room is empty. Shower is all yours. If bathroom is trashed try another one.

Don't steal the cleaning lady's tip on the dresser if there is one! lol bad karma.

Buutt sometimes you find booze, drugs, & unopened food left behind by whoever.

I've done this a lot and I've never been confronted, but it seems like it'd be easy to talk your way out of if you were.

Last edited:

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
If you can come up with $20/mo (easy enough) you can get a Planet Fitness black card, which lets you shower at any planet fitness location nationwide. They also have pizza Mondays and bagel Wednesdays, so that card also gives you two free meals a week.

Flemmings

Reaction score
Well, I don't know about the east coast but here in Oregon. Some of the state parks have showers. The state park north of Bend, Tumalo State park has showers for $2, no time limit. So, if you're not in a huge city and close to campgrounds, maybe check that out.

iflewoverthecuckoosnest

Reaction score
Well, I don't know about the east coast but here in Oregon. Some of the state parks have showers. The state park north of Bend, Tumalo State park has showers for $2, no time limit. So, if you're not in a huge city and close to campgrounds, maybe check that out.

There's quite a few of those along the highway 1 in California, too.

Reaction score
I carry a solar shower so anytime we're near water i can fill it up and have a free hot shower. It weights almost nothing and takes up so little space when it's empty that it's a great way to make it longer between pay showers without getting too greasy. ;)

• Useful
Reactions: heyitsmeclive

Renegade

Reaction score
Well usally i just find a wooded area.. get nekkid and soap my self up and scrub then pour a few gallon jugs of water over me..but when i am in a pinch..say in a city i will find a quite bathroom and sit over the toilet and scrub my junk and whale eye plus inner thighs and pour water over my junk and let the water wash all the soap out of my butt.. you may have to use your hand to get water in the right places.. may seem a little TT but it saves my crotch from rotting off my body :) i use to sneak in to emtey hospital rooms and use showers and sneak in to camp grounds.. even snuck in to an emtey RV one time and had a cold ass shower in the dark.. haha.

EDIT: i forgot to say.. if you are desperate enough to sneak in to a hospital or other such places just walk in like you belong..we usally picked places with lax security and when my road dawg was with me we would hold hands walking in like we were visiting someone .. she was a smooth operator like me.. we never got caught.. but u can easily do it alone too

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14481

Salvation Armys and a few local shelters will let a person shower there without having to spend a night. The SA in Minneapolis MN has public showers during the day. A few shelters in Albuquerque NM also have public showers.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads