Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
D

Deleted member 125

Ya, I'm gonna throw this out there.

This is the 3rd thread I've read today where mods/long time users have just openly mocked/talked down to others for trying to innocently get replies on something they were interested in.

How is this being welcoming, or providing a good space for the traveling community on here?

Seriously, it's getting fucking old. I love this website, and I'm seeing more of this exclusive behavior day by day, its depressing. If you dont agree with something, why dont you just move on, instead of just riling the user up and constantly talking higher-than-thou shit to them.

You seem to freely ban others for this kind of behavior.

Feel free to rate this post stupid as many times as you need to.

i dont think any of my replies are mocking. i simply stated that the op was starting a cult.

would you care to link some threads where you feel others are being treated unfair? because ide love to see em.

D

Deleted member 125

i mean I'm not giddily guzzling anybody's koolaid. at the same time I'm not totally sure what his intention is

OP where are ya when we need you??

making the kool aid maybe? im considering locking this thread before it becomes a total disaster. we have no obligation to host this kinda stuff and its obviously brought out some hostility.

terribly sorry to anybody who was offended by me calling a spade a spade.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
i think anyone defending this post is a fucking idiot. there i said it.

this person is trying to start a cult...

It seems like the hostility in this thread is specifically coming from you @SlankyLanky

Because neither I, nor @roughdraft have resorted to hostility, name calling, or any of the sort. I'll get back to you on the other threads.

Look, I said my piece and was attacked for it. So I will shut my mouth, and continue on my way. This conversation is obviously notworth having.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2626

I’m kind of homesteading right now on my 1.69 parcel in a 12x12 cabin. Been busy as hell cutting wood for winter with a bow saw and axe, save chainsaw for really big stuff, all of which I mostly scrounge off the side of the road and beyond my land on an abandoned part of a tree farm, no vehicle so I ride bike 6 miles one way to town but on the way back it’s all up hill to my area, a higher elevation. I’m busy organizing extra gear to promote a less constricting space. Hopefully gonna do a little canning, meat and food stamp veggies. I collect rain water and walk about a mile total to a fresh spring piped from the ground.
It can really be awesome, I’m lucky to have great neighbors for visits at time plus food and town of course. Isolation is really the hardest, even with my dog. Animals all around, little people, stars and Milky Way a time nights, coyotes howling, bears hangin around etc

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads