Peru and Chile starting this November | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Peru and Chile starting this November

roughdraft

Reaction score
very pleased you enjoy @Skit here are some others from recent times I am on Chiloe a sorta bigass island (with lots of baby islands about)
20190211_155627.jpg
20190211_141147.jpg
20171222_192901.jpg

20171226_164825.jpg

north coast, Ancud

Nalca plant with big leaves as coarse as sandpaper and an edible root.

and two shots of my buddy's place on lago Hullinco

it sees a shitload of rain much like our Pacific Northwest so there is a lot of lushness. moss and lichen. I actually miss being here in springtime. this summer has been brutal in Chile there are many forest fires and I see a lot of dead grass on the island. But it's still fuckin badass

<<insert complaint about how slow it is to upload photos followed by unsolicited assurance of soon uploading more photos > >

MFB

Reaction score
To anybody researching Peru here, Kuelap and Chachapoyas should be mentioned as a good alternative to the obligatory Manchu Picchu. Cheaper, just as cool,not as crowded.

mrvegan

Reaction score
This thread is amazing. Thanks for all the beautiful pictures and sharing your experiences.
Its really inspiring me to follow my dreams of visiting the Altiplano and Patagonia.
I am itching in my seat, lol.

Reactions: roughdraft

MFB

Reaction score
Dont skip Centro America! It's doooooope.

@roughdraft; in your first set of pictures in this thread, there's a shot of the electric blue lake looking down from the saddle of Punta union, yea? I have the exact same shot! Such a good trek.

roughdraft

Reaction score
@MFB yes buddy that's the place. nice on remembering the name, lol, at first i'm like.... where? but yep, that's it. it was a mostly cloudy trek but prime.

Since I was there, I got a map for another leg of the park i'm looking to go there whenever i can leave Colombia again, and try to kick around Ancash for a month or two

I'll try to upload some more from other jaunts now that i'm locked down & with Internet

MFB

Reaction score
Heck yea dood, the santa cruz circuit.
I got snowed on the whole time, views were shit, but still magical up there.

I've been nerding out hard on Patagonia and Torres del Paine. Really wanting to do it next year. I know ya have a lot of experience in Chile, I'll probably message you soon to pick your brain about logistics and tips. 👍

Attachments

• IMG_20190116_101203.jpg
    IMG_20190116_101203.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 272
Reactions: roughdraft
D

Deleted member 27861

Heck yea dood, the santa cruz circuit.
I got snowed on the whole time, views were shit, but still magical up there.

I've been nerding out hard on Patagonia and Torres del Paine. Really wanting to do it next year. I know ya have a lot of experience in Chile, I'll probably message you soon to pick your brain about logistics and tips. 👍

...Does that sign say Hoe Union?

MFB

Reaction score
'puta' is closer to hoe.
Punta is point.

Hoe's aint got no union. Otherwise pimpin' wouldnt be a thing.
And. It aint easy.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads