Vagabond
Lifetime Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Threads
Current Location
Cuzco, Peru
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
I'm about to be down mainly beboping between Lima and Santiago for a while starting in November.

Going to head down to Torres del Paine and see as much of Magallanes/Antartic region as I can, other than that probably trying to hit Machu Piccu when I get back into Peru.

If you're around these areas or going to be around, post here or send me a message ^_^

OP
OP
roughdraft

roughdraft

Vagabond
Lifetime Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Threads
Current Location
Cuzco, Peru
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
Well this trip was a tremendous success and lookin into probably heading down that way again in November ^_^

Likely spending (all my) time on Isla Grande de Chiloe where I got friends & (probably) work

anybody gonna be around this winter (summer there) ?

OP
OP
roughdraft

roughdraft

Vagabond
Lifetime Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Threads
Current Location
Cuzco, Peru
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
update if any new folks stumble on to the thread

paid for my flight from baltimore to Lima October 27 - plan to go to Huaraz for some hiking on the cordillera blanca and then

make my way back to Lima, flying to Puerto Montt November 16. gunnin for plenty of time in Patagonia and maybe visiting friends in coquimbo province chile and misiones/CABA argentina

Threads
Current Location
On the road... South Korea
Website
www.flickr.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Hey.
Iam going to south America in autmn too, but per hitchhiking. Actually am i in south Korea, two weeks, with bicycle without derailleur. September in California.

OP
OP
roughdraft

roughdraft

Vagabond
Lifetime Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Threads
Current Location
Cuzco, Peru
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
that's very cool man

i love the didg even got a chance to make a little money playing with a friend's once long ago

let me know when you get to the continent and we can try to link up

OP
OP
roughdraft

roughdraft

Vagabond
Lifetime Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Threads
Current Location
Cuzco, Peru
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
cool man Santa Cruz...Argentina?

Threads
Current Location
On the road... South Korea
Website
www.flickr.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Yes.
Dont know yet, if the whole way on bike or else. Maybe i will try to hitchhike with the bike.
Where are you? And whats your plan, how to get to the south?

OP
OP
roughdraft

roughdraft

Vagabond
Lifetime Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Threads
Current Location
Cuzco, Peru
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
awesome man congrats

I fly from Lima to Puerto Montt (Chile) on November 16

then actually am considering getting a bicycle but if not maybe shelling out for busses...

hitching is good down there in any case

i wonder how you are liking Argentina and what if any are your plans

OP
OP
roughdraft

roughdraft

Vagabond
Lifetime Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Threads
Current Location
Cuzco, Peru
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
an update

this fuccdumb airline wanted to play some games so I'm delaying my excursion to puerto montt area, waiting on a refund and you know something? i am also taking it as a blessing in disquise.

huaraz area has been great. visiting Lima for a few nights next week before going on to Cusco for who knows how long

no one on here going through the sacred valley before summer hits?

Threads
Current Location
outside omaha
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
Sounds like you are having a good time down there, too bad about the fuck up flight. Got any pictures?

OP
OP
roughdraft

roughdraft

Vagabond
Lifetime Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Threads
Current Location
Cuzco, Peru
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
Sounds like you are having a good time down there, too bad about the fuck up flight. Got any pictures?
sure man I'll hook ya up later tonight or tomorrow. pretty cool country Peru

OP
OP
roughdraft

roughdraft

Vagabond
Lifetime Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Threads
Current Location
Cuzco, Peru
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
20181104_105104-jpg.47318_Peru and Chile starting this November_South America_Squat the Planet_3:20 AM
20181103_110525-jpg.47319_Peru and Chile starting this November_South America_Squat the Planet_3:20 AM
20181102_152227-jpg.47320_Peru and Chile starting this November_South America_Squat the Planet_3:20 AM

from a recent trek

the subtropical parts are about 8500 feet and the pass overlooking the glacial lake is around 14000 feet

OP
OP
roughdraft

roughdraft

Vagabond
Lifetime Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Threads
Current Location
Cuzco, Peru
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
so there's a guy in town with a camper posted up next to one of the plazas spreading information on the medicinal and nutritional effects of the coca leaf

if you don't know the cocaine production process takes much more ugly artificial hooha than this wonderful plant

caramel chew products for elevation adjustment, definitely a factor down here.

also coca based breads and cakes...incredible taste...it's almost like eating a big glob of hemp butter too....just makes me feel right

well i will attach some photos when the internet is being more kind to me