pennyroyal oil for dogs

planet caravan

Reaction score
have any of you used it and can say it works good? yall know the best way/place to apply it and how much to use and how long it works for? all i was told was not to let it touch the skin and that it works really well for fleas ticks and mosquitos and shit.

M

Mouse

sounds interesting. never tried it but I know using pungent herbs and oils have kept bugs off me. never used pennyroyal personally though. mostly garlic internally and light patchouli externally.

shwillyhaaa

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
i got these magical teeny tiny pills in olympia behind the transit station when they do the "outreach" on thursdays.... and i gave my dog half of one of these pills... they actually jumped off and left... it was crazy.... i couldnt go one grass for a couple days though...

Eager

Reaction score
Use feverfew mixed with peppermint in a tincture applied to the skin (use a vodka base, not rum/whiskey).

As someone with tons of experience with herbal tinctures, I would STRONGLY recommend against using Pennyroyal on dogs or cats in any capacity.

For one, it isn't even that great of a flea/tick/mosquito deterrent compared to other herbs.

More importantly, Pennyroyal, when ingested, has toxic qualities; hence why it is used as an herbal abortive, and can cause internal bleeding (and eventual death) when taken in a large enough doses or small residual doses over time.

Both dogs and cats, ingest most solvents and debris from their fur when they clean themselves to lick; which means you would be slowly poisoning your dog over time.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads