2017 Jamboree - Patch Making Workshop | Squat the Planet

2017 Jamboree Patch Making Workshop

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2017 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shwhiskey Gumimaci

Reaction score
I will be coming to the 2017 Dirty Scouts Jamboree and I will be hosting a workshop for DIY patch making. With easily accessible and cheap materials I will be teaching people how to make stencils from either a design of their choice or something I provide. From there I will show people different techniques of putting their designs onto fabric to make personalized screen-printed patches. I will also be providing information on what not to do when making a patch, what materials are beneficial or detrimental in the makings of these particular types of patches, and how to clean and store your supplies properly for future use.

If anyone who is planning on coming to the Jamboree is interested in this workshop, please reply below so I have a general idea on how many materials I need to bring.

autumn

Lurker
Reaction score
I'm deffo interested! But the most complicated thing I can draw is a stick figure so don't count me towards your stenciling supplies if they're expensive.

Sounds like fun either way

• Haha
Reactions: iamwhatiam

Hylyx

Reaction score
Oh rad! way too early to know if I can make it this year, but if so I'd love to help if ya want!
I make screenprinted patches for friends or $ while traveling, so we can share tips and tricks and supplies!

Reactions: Shwhiskey Gumimaci

Shwhiskey Gumimaci

Reaction score
I'm deffo interested! But the most complicated thing I can draw is a stick figure so don't count me towards your stenciling supplies if they're expensive.

Sounds like fun either way
I will be providing simple designs for stencils for the people who are not as artistically gifted. Also the point of this workshop is to make easy, good looking patches with materials that are cheap and easy to come by.

Reactions: beersalt

Hylyx

Reaction score
BYO Mod Podge, everyone !

Shwhiskey Gumimaci

Reaction score
Since I have so many people offering to bring materials, if anyone wants to bring embroidery hoops, sturdy fabric or fabric paint that would be helpful.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
bless you shwiskey! i'm so lookin forward to it..count me in

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads