Patch Making Workshop (1 Viewer)

I will be coming to the 2017 Dirty Scouts Jamboree and I will be hosting a workshop for DIY patch making. With easily accessible and cheap materials I will be teaching people how to make stencils from either a design of their choice or something I provide. From there I will show people different techniques of putting their designs onto fabric to make personalized screen-printed patches. I will also be providing information on what not to do when making a patch, what materials are beneficial or detrimental in the makings of these particular types of patches, and how to clean and store your supplies properly for future use.

If anyone who is planning on coming to the Jamboree is interested in this workshop, please reply below so I have a general idea on how many materials I need to bring.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

autumn

Lurker
I'm deffo interested! But the most complicated thing I can draw is a stick figure so don't count me towards your stenciling supplies if they're expensive.

Sounds like fun either way

Hylyx

Vagabond
Website
www.helyxcious.tumblr.com
Oh rad! way too early to know if I can make it this year, but if so I'd love to help if ya want!
I make screenprinted patches for friends or $ while traveling, so we can share tips and tricks and supplies!

OP
Shwhiskey Gumimaci
I'm deffo interested! But the most complicated thing I can draw is a stick figure so don't count me towards your stenciling supplies if they're expensive.

Sounds like fun either way
I will be providing simple designs for stencils for the people who are not as artistically gifted. Also the point of this workshop is to make easy, good looking patches with materials that are cheap and easy to come by.

D

deleted user

I deleted myself
I've seen the process explained before, but a hands on workshop would be killer, I'm down.

Lob

Pilgrim
Im going to be there! What are some mats that i should bring. Im hiking there so i might not be able to bring a bunch of stuff but ill bring some materials

OP
Shwhiskey Gumimaci
Since I have so many people offering to bring materials, if anyone wants to bring embroidery hoops, sturdy fabric or fabric paint that would be helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$60.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $60.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $60.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $60.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$60.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
FreedomFighters