Parking in New Orleans? | Squat the Planet

Parking in New Orleans?

DaisyDoom

Reaction score
I'm looking for a spot in New Orleans to park a 22ft travel trailer for a couple of days. I want to have some time to explore but I can only find spots to park overnight unless I want to pay ridiculous prices. If someone is willing to let me park on their property, I would gladly feed you or help you out in any way I can. Thanks :)

DaisyDoom

Reaction score
haha how come? i really want to check out all the voodoo crap lol

well as of now we still dont have a good place to park so we'll probably skip it

AnthraxMatt

Reaction score
i think at marigny and decatur there is a ne square block "park", ive parked and slept there for days before, its right off the french quarter too

jimi

Reaction score
I believe had some friends that parked their bus on N Peters near the river while I was there, and another bus parked on Press St and Royal (or somewhere right around there on Press), near Mardi Gras Zone and the train tracks. I don't know if anyone ever fucked with them, they never mentioned it to me, but both busses were in their respective spots for a couple days at the least.

DaisyDoom

Reaction score
Thank you guys! We decided to just drive through. Anyone have a suggestion on some really cool and unusual things to see, thatd be great :)

jimi

Reaction score
The treehouse. Hands down my favorite place in NOLA.

jimi

Reaction score
No problem. Make sure to visit at night. Just go up Esplanade until you go under the freeway underpass. It's behind the gas station. You should be able to see the lights in the trees.

saje2u

Reaction score
Over by the iron rail theres a shit ton of RV's and such.
And no katbastard is fibbing NoLa is a flavor all of its own, Its like commercial fishing = you'll either hate it or love it.
I love it.

saje2u

Reaction score
Naw NoLa aint that bad you just godda know how to act - not that you kids would know how, just sayin. Its all about attitude and 99% of the mardigras/halloween visitors without hotel keycards DO NOT know how to keep them selves in check.

DaisyDoom

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions....I have no idea what's going on there yet and probably won't until we are closer. We were supposed to leave a few months ago but have hit some obstacles...should be all good soon.

As far as safety I'm sure we'll be ok. I'm nice and not dumb lol.

shitbagdanny

Reaction score
park it smack in the middle of the street on bourbon and toulouse

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads