Paranoid families

Labea

Reaction score
MattPist said:
Labea said:
a few weeks after i had ran away i was on the busy tourist street in denver smoking and playing the drum, when a man in a business suit comes up to me and hands me a phone. i look at him as if he is crazy, and then realize i know him, but can't quite remember. Turns out he had called his wife, my aunt, and gave me the phone. i was really scared, and surprised he didnt alert the nearest authority. and at that moment i was with some older 30's ish lookin guys while my boyfriend was off doing something or other, and i got an email from my step mom saying they knew i was with older men and to take care of myself.

they thought i was fucking whoring myself.

>=(

haha... sorry, but i could really picture that situation and it seemed comical... im sure it wasn't at the time tho.

well, in a demeaning sort of way, it was funny. but it really toyed with my mind to know that my parents thought i would do something like that. But, with all things considered, i guess after me leaving they wouldnt be very surprised by anything.

B

byrdster7891

I've been hopping trains and sometimes hitchhikin for four years. since i was only a wee lil 13. when I was younger my dad used to get very very upset about my travels. It tore him apart to know his little baby was going all over the country with unscrupulous characters. Now, four long (and not to mention very bizarre) years later hes still very skeptical of my wanderings.
I think he'll never quite become comfortable with my travels, because I'm the youngest of five. But, he has calmed down a lot. I mean, I'm not 13 anymore and I have developed the ability of abstract thought. I think parents who haves kids on the road they keep in touch with will always, in some way, be worried at all times. Its a paternal instinct.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads