OY from Montreal, Canada | Squat the Planet

OY from Montreal, Canada

Gori

Reaction score
Salut la famille! Im new here so here's a bit about me! From France but I moved to Montreal for school after a bit of travel, so rn only hit the road btw semesters. I do Middle East Studies, Anthropology and Russian Literature if anyone's interested! it was real challengin to sit in a classroom again but hey i'm glad i got to expand my horizons that way. In Quebec I did a bit of wandering tnks to the Great Trail, I hitched but mostly walked. Rn Im based in a shack btw river and forest yihaa
I'm still young and have a lot to learn so thank you for this site and awesome community
plein d'amour!

ps: soon headin down to Ontario BUT rn national parks are closed for camping and the trail I follow mostly go through parks, anyone know of a network of farms that welcome campers for free/in exchange of work?
bisous,
elisa

Last edited:

roamingsnake

Reaction score
@Gori Hello! I was actually just discussing Russian literature (specifically, a few sci-fi works that have been translated into English and how different translations change the feel of the work), so this caught my eye! Halted pursuit of my degree, but I was going for Philosophy, myself. Philosophy of language is a special interest of mine.

Anyway, sounds like some pretty cool stuff! I'm not familiar with Ontario (or anything outside of the East Coast, at present), so can't help you there, but wishing you the best in finding something!

Gori

Reaction score
Salut ah quebec i was in prison there for illegally crossing the border but eventually lived in griffintown in montreal. Good times. Which school are you attending? Concordia? McG?
Salut ah quebec i was in prison there for illegally crossing the border but eventually lived in griffintown in montreal. Good times. Which school are you attending? Concordia? McG?
Hey!! Yes im in Mcgill, would love to be in concordia though for all the niche topics they cover in their departements and the crazy teachers!!

Gori

Reaction score
@Gori Hello! I was actually just discussing Russian literature (specifically, a few sci-fi works that have been translated into English and how different translations change the feel of the work), so this caught my eye! Halted pursuit of my degree, but I was going for Philosophy, myself. Philosophy of language is a special interest of mine.

Anyway, sounds like some pretty cool stuff! I'm not familiar with Ontario (or anything outside of the East Coast, at present), so can't help you there, but wishing you the best in finding something!
Hey!! For sure my teachers always tell us that that russian more than other languages is tricky to translate! Im learning persian at school aswell and its the same than russian, the language is so precise and playfull that whenever poetry is translated for example a lot of it is lost anf interpretation becomes way more linear than what the original version offered
Thanka for the kind words!!

Reactions: roamingsnake

Kenada

Reaction score
Salut la famille! Im new here so here's a bit about me! From France but I moved to Montreal for school after a bit of travel, so rn only hit the road btw semesters. I do Middle East Studies, Anthropology and Russian Literature if anyone's interested! it was real challengin to sit in a classroom again but hey i'm glad i got to expand my horizons that way. In Quebec I did a bit of wandering tnks to the Great Trail, I hitched but mostly walked. Rn Im based in a shack btw river and forest yihaa
I'm still young and have a lot to learn so thank you for this site and awesome community
plein d'amour!

ps: soon headin down to Ontario BUT rn national parks are closed for camping and the trail I follow mostly go through parks, anyone know of a network of farms that welcome campers for free/in exchange of work?
bisous,
elisa
Wow your life sounds like it has been an awesome cultural adventure! I hope you are able to find some farm work along your journey. Best of luck and safe travels!

dubh

Reaction score
Website
feirmeoirsonrai.me
Hey!! Yes im in Mcgill, would love to be in concordia though for all the niche topics they cover in their departements and the crazy teachers!!
All my friends went to concordia. Hippy artists. Loved watching the ice bike races. I uesd to handout burritos to squeegee punks. Drink some Maudite beer for me. Waxing nostalgic.

Ceed

Reaction score
Hi there welcome to quebec !
Le gouvernement recherche beaucoup d'employés saisonnier en raison des employés etrangers qui ne peuvent pas entre ou ont des delais a cause de la covid. Va voir sur les sites.
Send me a private msg ill give you my ig.

jordthecowboy

Reaction score
plein d'amour!

bisous,
elisa

Elisa! I'm pretty sure my friend and I gave you and your friend Jean a ride out in Renfrew ON over the summer. So random to find you here. Hope your life is going good and everything :) feel free to message me if you're ever in Toronto or looking for a travel buddy. I'm still in uni but maybe soon I'll be keen to get out again. Peace!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads