News & Blogs - Overdosing, heroin, smack, tar, horse, junk needles and getting high fyi | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs Overdosing, heroin, smack, tar, horse, junk needles and getting high fyi

K

Kim Chee

I'm sure most users already know that fentanyl is winding up in their dope.

Nine people died from fentanyl overdose in Vancouver, BC last Thursday.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...aths-november-tally-622-so-far-2016-1.3901731

Fentanyl crisis: November death tally expected to reach 35 in Vancouver

Vancouver had 9 drug overdose deaths on Thursday

overdose-treatment-facility.jpg

An unprotected, used needle sits on a metal grate at Carrall and Hastings streets, around the corner from the overdose treatment facility set up at 58 West Hastings St. recently. (Rafferty Baker/CBC)

The B.C Coroners Service is expected to release a tally of November overdose deaths on Monday, and officials expect the worst — predicting that 35 or more people may have died.

Health Minister Terry Lake and Provincial Health Officer Perry Kendall have both said that, while finalized numbers have not been confirmed, early estimates of opioid deaths during November appear grim.

Both say they were optimistic earlier this year after numbers from the summer appeared to indicate the crisis was improving, but statistics since then have deteriorated.

During a recent cold spell, the fentanyl crisis hit a brutal low point. On Thursday officials reported 13 deaths across the province in one night, nine of them in Vancouver.

fentanyl-crisis.jpg

Vancouver officials held a news conference Friday to address the growing crisis of drug overdose deaths. (CBC)

Between January and October of 2016 a total of 622 people have died of overdoses in the province.

On Friday Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson joined emergency officials, including Vancouver Police Chief Const. Adam Palmer to address the crisis.

"Can you imagine nine people dying from any other cause in one day in our city," Palmer said.

"We need a longer-term strategy to help people in crisis."

front-line-14.jpg

Paramedics attend to an overdose patient after three doses of Narcan fail to revive him. (CBC)

Citing statistics from his officers that suggest as many as 35 people died of fentanyl overdoses in November alone, Palmer said addicts need "treatment on demand."

B.C. Premier Christy Clark said preventing overdoses is a complex issue that requires multiple levels of response, including improved treatment options.

But she is making no new promises of more money or programs.

So far this year, illicit drug overdoses have claimed the lives of 159 people in Vancouver alone.

Fentanyl has been found to be a factor in the majority of those deaths.

Even though toxicology tests have not been completed on the nine people who died Thursday night, fentanyl is suspected in their deaths.

fentanyl.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/aleppo-evacuation-deal-1.3901685

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
Scary stuff. There was a batch of fentanyl-laced coke found in Seattle a while ago. I don't know why someone would cut a stimulant with an opiate but it happened and a couple people died.

If you or someone you know uses H, please keep Narcan on hand and know how to use it:

• Useful
Reactions: Thenisia

Renegade

Reaction score
Scary stuff. There was a batch of fentanyl-laced coke found in Seattle a while ago. I don't know why someone would cut a stimulant with an opiate but it happened and a couple people died.

If you or someone you know uses H, please keep Narcan on hand and know how to use it:

A few years ago CVS made it legal to buy narcan in 14 states including California with out a prescription.. it costs about 25 dollars .: they are still pushing more states to pass legislation to make it legal to buy it over the counter.. i will link the article. I urge everyone to have some on hand.. i have lost a lot of friends to this shit so i will always have some on me..
http://www.drugfree.org/news-service/cvs-will-sell-naloxone-without-prescription-14-states/

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
A few years ago CVS made it legal to buy narcan in 14 states including California with out a prescription.. it costs about 25 dollars .: they are still pushing more states to pass legislation to make it legal to buy it over the counter.. i will link the article. I urge everyone to have some on hand.. i have lost a lot of friends to this shit so i will always have some on me..
http://www.drugfree.org/news-service/cvs-will-sell-naloxone-without-prescription-14-states/

Does Narcan work on fentanyl OD though? I carry it but was under the impression that it would not help for that.

Renegade

Reaction score
Does Narcan work on fentanyl OD though? I carry it but was under the impression that it would not help for that.

Absolutely, However from what i learned you may need to administer multiple does of narcan since fentanyl is a more potent Drug ..one guy ODing on that shit had to be givinen multiple doses.. here is a link if you wanna read more on it. http://www.jwatch.org/fw110784/2015/10/27/cdc-multiple-naloxone-doses-may-be-needed-fentanyl

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads