Olive Green: The adventures of a weirdo

almostvicious

Wayfarer
Current Location
Switzerland
Website
almostvicious.tumblr.com
Hello people,

I have a weird tradition of turning my travel stories into books once a year.
This year my lazy ass hasn't finished the paperback version of it but for those of you that would like to read my adventures around Europe, I attached a PDF to this thread.
(p.s: the whole thing is free because sharing is caring)

Also: feel free to tell me what you think I need opinions haha :)

Thank u for your attention.
NKC

Attachments

Reactions: 5 people

roughdraft

my grandma's favorite traveling person
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
Brasil
damn i am really diggin this

BirdDaddy

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Current Location
Fairfield Idaho.
OK so I haven't gotten past the first fucking parigraph and I dig the he'll outta the style! Love it! Update when I finish all 22p.

BirdDaddy

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Current Location
Fairfield Idaho.
While I'm here... Totally jelly of your ability to write. I always wanted to Wright but words art my thing I guess. reading good wright's tho... thanks for sharing

Anagor

Hobo
Current Location
Bonn, Germany
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
Nice to read about traveling in Germany.

Funny thing is, being from Germany I never really traveled here. Most time I spend in UK, some time in Belgium and Netherlands. Went to Basel once for two weeks, was cool. :)

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Current Location
Rochester, NY
very cool and thanks for sharing. I printed it out so it will be bus-fodder for my daily travels. :)

roughdraft

my grandma's favorite traveling person
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
Brasil
this was good. hope you will share more

Last edited:

Frenchie

Pilgrim
Current Location
Somewhere in Pennsylvania
I really love this! I'm headed out to Belgium/France/Netherlands in April and i'm super excited. If you have any recommendations of places to go/see/stay or people to hang out, I'd love that.

OP
almostvicious

almostvicious

Wayfarer
Current Location
Switzerland
Website
almostvicious.tumblr.com
I really love this! I'm headed out to Belgium/France/Netherlands in April and i'm super excited. If you have any recommendations of places to go/see/stay or people to hang out, I'd love that.
In belgium there's an amazing place in Bruxelles called Barlok, it's a squatted commercial dock by the river and they often have gigs and workshops :) Otherwise Liège is also really cool.
In France there's many many many places and possibilities, it just depends on what you're looking for. My personal favorite is the squatted caves in the south, unfortunately i can't remember the name of the city. But i will update if i remember! :) And for the Netherlands, you need to go to BikeWars, it's a squat in Utrecht. Thats pretty much all i can say in terms of places haha other than that keep your eyes and your interests open, there's always a lot to see everywhere ;)

Reactions: 1 person

Anagor

Hobo
Current Location
Bonn, Germany
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
To add to what @almostvicious said:

Have been in Antwerp and it was really nice. There was a squat a bit outside of the city, apparently a residential area built for Army employees, was about to be demolished. I don't think it's there anymore, but there should be other squats around.

Be careful in Amsterdam. Got a fine for sleeping rough there and police is quite strict when it comes to street drinking (at least at daytime) and smoking weed (despite you can legally buy it there in coffee shops).

Tongtwisted

Lurker
Current Location
Alabama
You might find good concerts on villemorte.fr , this is Lyon agenda, then St Etienne is a good place ~>lagueulenoire.org ; and if you are a countryside wirdoe go to ambert (63 dpt) and look for the place called "l'elegante", they organize good events and a cantine on Thursdays lunch, at Cunlhat (63dpt too), they have a cantine on Wednesdays at the octopus bar. There u ask, people will find you a place to stay.