NYState Countryside

ipoPua

Reaction score
just got back home in wny, next week im gonna start hitching around t all the little towns, check out the stars and mountains, meet more good people. ive got a little list of random places id like t hit, some punk venues and spots off atlasobscura, but i was wondering if anyone had suggestions on favorite villages or places to avoid or whatever.

Reaction score
Any suggestions on a by-foot route from NYC to Buffalo? I just got laid off from my job and my lease ends August 15th, so I'm thinking that I might just hit the road.

ipoPua

Reaction score
if i were going that way i'd go south n hit griffis sculpture park in east otto and prob over to zoar valley, then allegany, then the 86 and other roads over towards the fingerlakes and spend some time going around there, then after ithaca i'd hit binghamton and from there i'd probably go down the 81 to hit the bear creek forest area, then 476 to 78 to nyc. but i've never done this route so don't take my word as valuable, i'm just basing it on things i'd like to hit and then what looks like an easy route to the city with some woods to take a break in. depends what you want really, i'm all about trees and good stars. up to binghamton i've had planned for some time, everything after that i just went on googlemap and looked around for you. good luck with your plans man, look at atlasobscura and weird new york at weirdus.com for some more ideas. i'm probably not gonna get the chance to do it this season, i just got a job at the halloween store til november. i'll probably still do everything up to binghamton before i go west for winter, but unfortunately i need to make some money so i have to put it off for now.

ipoPua

Reaction score
oh shit i got your route backwards. well shit. there's a route from buffalo to nyc, i guess flip it if you want lol my bad

edit- you'd actually probably be better off just taking the 80 over towards alleghaney and up. or to the 380 and up to binghamton and then to the finger lakes and over. i wouldnt know the best way to get out of the city though, youre on your own there

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads