NYC strict Public smoking laws.

S

Stephen O Roach

Has anyone encountered the Smoking Nazies AKA the Good old NYPD can any one verify that you can in actuality be tickted for smoking tobacoo in public places sidewalks beaches time square .

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Yeah ... NYS --- I don't smoke anymore and dislike the smell etc - but hey - people have their rights - having smoking areas for outside work areas and restaurants - that's ok. Something that was passed recently - but we will see if it's enforced is no smoking in public parks. Seriously?

Reactions: Kal
S

Stephen O Roach

Yeah ... NYS --- I don't smoke anymore and dislike the smell etc - but hey - people have their rights - having smoking areas for outside work areas and restaurants - that's ok. Something that was passed recently - but we will see if it's enforced is no smoking in public parks. Seriously?
That's what I read in an article posted in the new York post and apparently you now have to be 21 to purchase tobacoo in multiple states including new York .

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
But not in an open air park? Many acre park? Smoke nazis were there too - lets see how they regulate that crap.

Durp

Reaction score
Uhhh if your a minority you might get issues in nyc. I was over there smoking cigs all day there, even in front of cops. I had no problems

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
Its illegal to smoke in all california parks now too, and anywhere on pacific ave in santa cruz.

Other example: AFAIK there are 2 public areas in Bristol, UK now where smoking is not allowed and in Brighton it is talked upon to ban smoking at the beach.

The fucks wrong with this world.

Yeah, exactly.

lone wolf

Reaction score
Has anyone encountered the Smoking Nazies AKA the Good old NYPD can any one verify that you can in actuality be tickted for smoking tobacoo in public places sidewalks beaches time square .
your post reminded me of this movie clip;

hope the sound/quality is good, I don't have speakers here.

Kal

Reaction score
I don't smoke but I think they are going to far with this smoking band. First you can't smoke in a bar and now parks. As long as you don't throw your ciggerate butts on the ground I don't see the problem.

Reactions: angerisagift
K

Kim Chee

I'm a huge fan of fresh air.

Laws just get tighter and tighter.

When is the last time you heard of a law affecting everyday folks being repealed?

S

Stephen O Roach

I heard in the uk they,tried,to tax air idk how valid that,was but it just tells you how controlling the powers at be can God darn nanny,state y'all.

D

Deleted member 9332

Had no issues with nypd bothering me when I was around the east village. Then again they didn't bother us for drinking in public/smoking weed in public/sleeping in parks so idk, maybe I just got lucky? I think it was probably just passed so nypd can arrest more non-white folk for no real reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Primitive

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads