NUMBER ONE most needed item on the road....?

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Title says it all, what is the ONE item you cannot live without? I would have to say mine is my Shemagh(Keffiyah) arab scarf, they were trendy a couple years back and I got one in Guatemala and have used it for a towel, pillow, warmth, face wrap, to tie my pack shut when the zipper broke, kinda like a bigger all around bandana....what about you? What is the totally essential one item to you?

Oddman

Reaction score
A good sleeping bag with a sleeping pad. If you don't have a tent (like I didn't for a while after I lost my poles) you can almost always find some shelter to sleep under. But if you don't have a sleeping bag, you'd better have money for a hostel or some friends in the area. And those sure aren't always at hand.

turnip

Reaction score
i agree with a decent sleeping bag, at least during the colder months of the year. everything else is come and go and can pretty easily be picked up on the way (books, random articles of clothing abound, etc). i fuckin hate being cold when i'm trying to sleep.

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
I'm pretty good at improvising but it seems like the one thing I always wish I had if I don't is a can opener. (and the one thing I forget along the way is usally...a can opener :p )

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
I usually try to put a can/bottle opener on a ball chain around my neck... but I give it away or forget it somewhere.... I am like that with everything though. I think I've lost more than I ever owned ;-)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads