Northern Washington to Portland, OR

Daago

Reaction score
Hello!
Around mid-June, I'll probably be tryin to thumb my way down to Portland from northern Washington. Relatively newish to hitchhiking and first time doing it on the coast. Anybody got any tips or points of interest they'd recommend??

Usually, I don't bring any sort of protection with me (I know I should but I got no funds) and I've lived in Oregon for about a year in the past and know sometimes some of the homeless population can be a bit unpredictable. Still, I wanna believe most people are pretty chill and nice if ya just treat em like a person. That said, would yall recommend I avoid certain areas or bring anything?

Also, considering the trek is about 250 miles (4hrs by car), I'm thinking it's not an impossibility that the trek may have an overnight portion. I still have yet to do any sorta camping in cities and I'd love to hear any recommendations about that as well, especially if they're specific to the area.

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Canyon

MxEx

Reaction score
sometimes the rooftop of a business can be a relatively safe sleeping spot. sometimes you can use the dumpster on wheels to push toward the ladder access. just have to wake up early before employees get there and may have to count your blessings that the dumpster doesn't get moved, but be sure to move it back where you found it when leaving

Reactions: Joey Garbanzo

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads