NOLA (or things I should know by now but am too stupid to figure out for myself)

Gypsybones

Reaction score
Website
highonwheels.tumblr.com
yeah I live here for a year last time and never had a problem with the po po.
just respect the city and do whatever you're told to do by the cops, no matter how much of dicks they are to you. just say yes officer ans have a good nice officer, that will keep you out of trouble most of the time.

Also if your asked to move a way from a spot, don't just go 3 doors down and try again, just leave the block all together.
most of the time so long as you don't look like a complete wast of breathing air, then one of the cats that has been in town/lives here will help you out.

all in all though NOPD is the most corrupt cops in the US. and yes it is true the Indians make their own justice down here and the cops stay out of it. as well you should be wise to steer clear of fucking with the locals. cause they will fuck you up.

Clean

Reaction score
I dont know if this is bullshit but someone told me that the officers are legally authorized to create charges on the fly due to napoleanic law. or however its spelt

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
yea... the french quater, the river walk, decatuar st.

Tare

Reaction score
I can't belive noones mentioned tuesday and thursday squat raids, bright and early! Actually, that was the only time i got close to going to opp was when i slept at the school, (not the big white one), ended up tossin my pack then myself out of a two story window. Other than that though, i didn't have issues unless i was stoping to talk to a group of kids who were being beligerant.

catfish

Reaction score
avoid other kids at all costs, new orleans is a shitty place and i dont see why people go wander around there... even for mardi gras. but hey, to each his own. stash that pack, and avoid homebums.

smellsea

Reaction score
i moved to new orleans two months ago, and just as an observation--the kids who pass through nola and end up in jail, generally did something deserve to be there. Be it not practicing common sense, or completely ignoring it all together.

It's always, fucking always!, the same burnt-out, wastoid, boozed-out-of-their-minds skumfuck traveling kids who are complaining about how "harsh" the police in nola are.

-were you walking around with your pack on being obnoxiously obvious and filthy in front of stores that are struggling to keep their business around?

-were you getting high/drunk/retarded on the riverwalk with your 4953983954 dogs and 17 stupid friends? Causing a ruckus, scaring tourists and pissing into trashcans?

-were you breaking shit and being loud outside of envie's/sydney's and getting pissed off when the citizens of an already-impovershed city aren't keen on the idea of giving an out of towner a handout?

I have never once been bothered by the police in new orleans, and you know why? Because i'm not stupid. Stash your pack. Don't black out in the street. Keep your pants on (in public!). If you're being retarded in jackson square and hanging out with homebums, guess what, you have what's coming to you.

Also: Please don't expect spare change in a city brimming with musical talent. If you have an instrument, by all means, grace us with your music. If not, everyone knows you want booze. Food is exceedingly simple to acquire in this town, you're not fooling anyone.

Who dat!

word.

smellsea

Reaction score
There is always the dumb ass mother fucker like, "aww bro, i fell in the river and then went to opp for a month, THIS ISNT EVEN MY DOG!". Stay out of the square on tuesdays and thursdays, you will get ticketed. don't sit in the middle of the sidewalk. don't punch yuppies in the face and you will stay hassle free. oh, if the cops ask you where you live give them the adress of the shelter, or your going to jail for vagrancy. The more dirty and cliche you look the less they like you.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads