Newbie on trains and gear

Murkyerky

Reaction score
Hey it’s murky, so I’ve ready for my trek. I’ll be in cars for a few months but after that I plan catching freights. Any gear tips? My back without food is 30 pounds, I have a mat tarp steaks spare ropes compact sleeping bag and hammock, micro stove, few cans of fuel, knife, mobile phone charger, mace, a pair of my bibs a pair of pants few pairs of underwear a lot of socks compactaboe shorts a hoodie and a mini first aid kit and head lamp and water filter should be about 5 -7 pounds more after 2 days of food and a gallon of water

And I’ll have my banjo

Reactions: JackSquat

texastraveler

Reaction score
I'd add in a camp towel and bottle of dr bronners. Also a bunch of ziplocks and something that can cover your bag in the rain are nice to have. Also maybe some flip flops or sandals for if your boots get wet or you're using a public shower

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Murkyerky

Reaction score
I'd add in a camp towel and bottle of dr bronners. Also a bunch of ziplocks and something that can cover your bag in the rain are nice to have. Also maybe some flip flops or sandals for if your boots get wet or you're using a public shower
Right on I’ll bring some sandals. I was gonna wrap my tarp around my pack when it rains and I was gonna put my banjo in a garbage bag then set it in the case

Reactions: JackSquat

Colinleath

Reaction score
Website
colinleath.github.io
Hey it’s murky, so I’ve ready for my trek. I’ll be in cars for a few months but after that I plan catching freights. Any gear tips? My back without food is 30 pounds, I have a mat tarp steaks spare ropes compact sleeping bag and hammock, micro stove, few cans of fuel, knife, mobile phone charger, mace, a pair of my bibs a pair of pants few pairs of underwear a lot of socks compactaboe shorts a hoodie and a mini first aid kit and head lamp and water filter should be about 5 -7 pounds more after 2 days of food and a gallon of water

And I’ll have my banjo
This sounds heavy to me. But if you don't have to walk far then no problem. Try for a 10 or at most 20lb base pack weight, if you want to be able to walk more than three miles and stay happy.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads