New to the planet! | Squat the Planet

New to the planet!

Ryan Patrick

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum here..hoping to find new friends and meet new people..possibly find someone to travel with! Ikm currently stranded in New Mexico, will be leaving in about a week or so. Any insight or being pointed in the right direction will kindly help!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Well hey - welcome to the planet hehe! Lots of resources available in the subforums plus many people on the move right now as well.

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Welcome to STP. My advice to you as a new traveler is to learn to be patient. Take your time and do not force the adventure, allow it to unfold. Always expect the unexpected. Be respectful and kind to other travelers including yourself.

Take advantage of local resources if available however don't were them out. I could go on and on...... I suspect you have one hell of a journey waiting to unfold. Remember sometimes the best journeys are ones with no set final destination.

I wish you nothing but the best my friend. Safe travels.

bushhippie

Previously crisywantstorunaway
Reaction score
welcome to the world :)
i hope you get out safely and get where your going! You dont have any idea of a direction? You know i dont ever shut up about telling people to come to Bama, so heres my pitch....theres lots of nature, pretty good foor, we know how to make sweet tea, ive always had good luck busking, theres good bars in bham and theres a nice art scene. theres not many travlers here....at all....but the people are great. I know plenty places out of the city great for swimming and camping.

lol anyways i hope to see ya, and if you end up over here then let me know and we can meet up :)

Ryan Patrick

Reaction score
Welcome to STP. My advice to you as a new traveler is to learn to be patient. Take your time and do not force the adventure, allow it to unfold. Always expect the unexpected. Be respectful and kind to other travelers including yourself.

Take advantage of local resources if available however don't were them out. I could go on and on...... I suspect you have one hell of a journey waiting to unfold. Remember sometimes the best journeys are ones with no set final destination.

I wish you nothing but the best my friend. Safe travels.
welcome to the world :)
i hope you get out safely and get where your going! You dont have any idea of a direction? You know i dont ever shut up about telling people to come to Bama, so heres my pitch....theres lots of nature, pretty good foor, we know how to make sweet tea, ive always had good luck busking, theres good bars in bham and theres a nice art scene. theres not many travlers here....at all....but the people are great. I know plenty places out of the city great for swimming and camping.

lol anyways i hope to see ya, and if you end up over here then let me know and we can meet up :)
Funny you say Alabama! I was trying to reach out to a friend in Alabama today. I've stayed in Elba quite a few times. It's a beautiful place that's for sure.

bushhippie

Previously crisywantstorunaway
Reaction score
Funny you say Alabama! I was trying to reach out to a friend in Alabama today. I've stayed in Elba quite a few times. It's a beautiful place that's for sure.
im from blount county birmingham and cullman. i would say if you end up here, crash on my couch, but im living with my grandparents, so i cant really have people over. but i know some cool camp sites and places to swim/hike, if your into that. and i have this bad habbit of loading people down with what geat i can afford that they dont already have...and food. cuz ive always heard the best way to show love is through food

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads