New product called Never-Wet will change the way we look at materials and their resistance to water | Squat the Planet

New product called Never-Wet will change the way we look at materials and their resistance to water

cport420

Reaction score
http://www.insanee.com/update/interesting/a-wild-new-product-called-neverwet

Watch that fuckin video there and tell me that doesn't get your gears running. Its made in a two part application and I don't know shit about it. Like if it's bad to have near the skin or whatever? Or how long it lasts? But they made it seem like once it was there it was there type shit.

I wonder how this could help make daily life easier in the rainy season in certain areas. Water would simply roll off your clothes. You could turn any clothes into a rain coat? Waterproof like really waterproof shoes. I mean they water proof an iphone in the video? Squirted all sorts of condiments on shoes and a shirt. They shit was rolling off. Even mustard? Could be the weed but I think its cool as fuck.

• Useful
Reactions: eske silver

DoctorApocalypse

Your friendly neighborhood supervillain
Reaction score
I've seen this before but it's definitely badass, so many applications for use in so many scenarios, both practical and 'other'. Treat your gear, treat your clothes (pants, coat, hat, boots, etc...) and never have to worry about getting soaked. I wonder what the durability of this stuff is, like how often you might have to reapply and under what conditions does it wear down/off.

crow

Reaction score
20 bucks? Fuck yeah. I'm treating All my gear. Maybe just one pair of clothes outta the 3 change outs I carry Because It looks rubbery. might be a lil' uncomfy in the sun.
Even if it wears down, the price (if at 20) is not bad. That's like an hour of spange

D

Deleted member 125

yea i dont know if i would use this stuff on clothing, maybe rugged work pants or bdus but i dont think it would be to good of a idea wo put it on t shirts or jeans, but deffinetly a cool thing to put on yer pack for sure!

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score
Fuckin A.
I saw a documentary that features this stuff. I saw how it works on the molecular level. It's insanely cool.
I'm gonna buy some ASAP. Definitely going on my gear and shoes. But yea, I agree with crow, it does look rubbery.
I wonder though, if you Did treat all your clothes, including underwear and socks, would your sweat just bead down into your socks? Then after a long, hot day, you can just take off your socks and pour it out!

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
damn it!! as the wet Nw weather starts cranking up again i was hoping to utilize this stuff... but apparently it was all sensational lies. aside from reading multiple bad reviews from homedepot there are mulTiple long winded reviews out there. i was gonna post one but this shit wont let me paste!

Ayurveda78

Reaction score
Considering all my gear is still wet from last night this morning from an amazing storm up in puget sound... Anything near waterproof would have been great

D

Deleted member 125

damn it!! as the wet Nw weather starts cranking up again i was hoping to utilize this stuff... but apparently it was all sensational lies. aside from reading multiple bad reviews from homedepot there are mulTiple long winded reviews out there. i was gonna post one but this shit wont let me paste!

yea it smelled a bit fishy i read some bad reviews also. oh well. we will always have the old dirty garbage bag technique.

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
Exactly ^ Thats what im resorting to as far as my old ass pack waterproof system goes. Contractor bag all the way! Im just glad i didnt drop the 20 on that shit.. Fuckin info-mericals!!

I remember back in the early 90's they had a info-mercial for "touchless" car wash shit that they showed a car (after the touchless had been applied) that you could burn, scour with steel wool, and coat with tar and after each punishment you could just rub the cars finish with a cloth and any damage would "sluff off".

I wasnt even of driving age, much less the owner of a car. I told my mother about it... She was skeptical.. I sold it to her just like the english accented guy on the infomercial till she went and bought it for $19.95.

... Long story short we ruined the fuck out of the paint job on her crappy mini van trying to "recreate" what they were doing on the infomercial. Only got as far as steel wool..

I swear that shit was just dish soap..

• Epic
Reactions: Juan Derlust

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads