New Nomad... Any advice?

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone. I'm really new to the nomadic lifestyle (only been doing it for a month when this was posted), and I was wondering if you all had any advice for me. I've always been interested and good at general survivalism, but I realize that this is a whole different animal. When I posted this, I'm currently headed East from CA. I also would kind of like to find a trustworthy travel partner, because I think it would be more fun to travel with someone than alone. I'm not particular at all as to the level of experience; if you have more experience, you can teach me, and if for whatever reason I'm more experienced, I can teach you what I know. I'm also not partial to gender, so long as you're chill. If anyone wants to travel with me, I should be in Phoenix, AZ in about a week; and leaving the week after. Hit me up!

--Andrew

Danno603

Reaction score
My advice if you hitch would be to stay off the I-10 if you're headed east, especially through louisianna. me and my road dog had to walk out of lafayette county because the cops would call the next town over saying they sent us walking down a service road town to town and they wouldn't let us try to hitch. Plus, the desert in Texas(Fort Stockton to San Antonio) can be a bitch. New Orleans is great though

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thanks! Although that's kinda worrisome, as that's the way I had originally planned on going, Lol... I HAVE heard that New Orleans is pretty great, and if I can swing it, I'd like to try to be there for Mardi Gras next year... :-D

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
nola is great, but stay the fuck away from burbon street, you'll have more fun. or, rather, go once to see the shitstorm then never return (to burbon st).

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads