New, Eugene Oregon headed east

ConnorGre

Reaction score
Hey, so I'm currently in Eugene, and kinda bumming it around and dting, and kind of decided to travel, as most of the people I've met have told me to do. So I'm planning on leaving in about a week, I'm trying to go more east maybe towards Colorado and what not. Would be chill to meet up with someone to come along with me. But anyway I'm trying to decide which route to go, up to Portland than take the 84 down through ldaho.
Or down to socal, hit reno and take the 80. I don't really have any experience with traveling, other than you know being homeless and just bumming around. Suggestions would be nice, and if anyone wants to meet that'd be cool.

Reactions: Odin and Vulture
K

Kim Chee

Welcome, and congratulations on detoxing (I hope it is by choice and not simply because you've run out).

Traveling and the rest of life are no different in that it is full of choices.

That fork in the road is sometimes a decision which can have drastic outcomes.

The best advice I can offer is: Figure out how to develop the intuition to to determine which fork to take to achieve the outcome which you would most like to achieve.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i think going down to reno and taking the 80 makes more sense, but that might just be because i don't think idaho is all that exciting.

• Useful
Reactions: Vulture

Vulture

Reaction score
Yep, like Matt said, the i80 will probably be best. I had trouble hitching between Roseville and Reno, but your luck may be better. I was with another guy. Also, get ready to get some new testiments thrown your way.
Happy trails and welcome to STP.

K

Kim Chee

If you take I-84 make sure you have a ride which will take you past Pendleton (prison).

I walked quite a way after making that mistake.

• Useful
Reactions: Odin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome. I've traveled 80 east once and thought it was good.
Reno sure is interesting as I recall as well.

If you don't have one it might be useful to pick up a water key at a home depot or something. Weather will be warming up I suspect...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads