Need leatherworking ideas

Tony Pro

Reaction score
Website
gavincwillow.wordpress.com
I got my hands on a badass set of leatherworking tools, and I have a big pile of leather to work with (mostly goat and some coon I tanned myself, but also some scraps of sturdy cowhide). I need ideas for stuff to make, preferably something I'll actually use. I'd like some kind of pouch for travel gear but can't quite picture it. I searched on Instructables but they don't have anything inspiring.
All I've made so far is a knife sheath.
Craftsmen of STP, what's the coolest piece of leatherwork you've made?

Reactions: beersalt

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Banned
Reaction score
-and-slave_0.jpg

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm not a leather worker but my boy Stix has his Chubbs Made IG page right here with heaps of cool shit he makes. Tobacco pouches, wallets/bill folds, custom dog collars, knife sheathes, all kinds of rad shit. I'm always inspired just checking out his work, makes me want to work with leather but I don't have any tools for it so.. yeah. Anyway, check his stuff out, maybe you'll draw some inspiration from what he's doing.

Reactions: Juan Derlust

MetalBryan

Reaction score
Here's a thread I started because I was having a problem finding the right item - maybe you can get some ideas.... still haven't found the right thing so if you are interested let me know. Maybe I can come up with some design ideas.

squattheplanet.com/threads/wallet-thread-or-small-flat-pouches.36996

Reactions: Tony Pro

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads