Napalm for cooking? | Squat the Planet

Napalm for cooking?

D

Deleted member 8978

Greetings, all!

Throughout the past year or so, I have been reading and watching YouTube vids about those that simply combine styrofoam and gasoline to form napalm. I also saw a YouTube video where burning napalm would stand up to strong winds.

The one thing I haven't put my finger on yet is whether or not even foam plates would dissolve in gasoline once it is mixed together, but I do seek to test that out in a controlled area in the future.

My question to the community is this. No matter how risky or how dangerous it looks, have you ever used excessive heat from napalm (instead of propane) to cook your foods on the go? Why or why not?!

steve

• Haha
Reactions: MetalBryan
D

Deleted member 23824

Why not experiment on some innocent villagers.

Seriously, I try to eliminate styrofoam from my life, wish the world would. I‘m not going to deliberately wreak more havoc by burning it and releasing more toxins into the environment. I know it‘s difficult to do, but I try to eliminate plastics from my clothing and choices of consumer goods etc. as much as possible. Though I stop short of making it my life’s work or crusade, I do what I can. This is a horrible idea in my opinion, another case of “just because you can doesn’t mean you should“.

Last edited:

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
I haven't done it in over 25 yrs but in the boy scouts we made "napalm" by mixing vegetable oil, white gas and pieces of a styrofoam plates in a tin can. Burnt for hrs and we did cook over it. It wasn't like, explosive, just if you knocked it over it'd burn on the ground in place for hrs. Not a big deal in Vermont in November but probably a great way to start a forest fire out west.

D

Deleted member 8978

The only hope I have left is that if I ever do and my food tastes like anything other than the food itself like if it tastes like foam, gasoline, etc., then I do see your point. Thanks for your input 🙂

Seriously, I try to eliminate styrofoam from my life, wish the world would. I‘m not going to deliberately wreak more havoc by burning it and releasing more toxins into the environment. I know it‘s difficult to do, but I try to eliminate plastics from my clothing choices of consumer goods etc. as much as possible. Though I stop short of making it my life’s work or crusade, I do what I can. This is a horrible idea in my opinion, another case of “just because you can doesn’t mean you should“.

Last edited:

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Seriously, I try to eliminate styrofoam from my life, wish the world would. I‘m not going to deliberately wreak more havoc by burning it and releasing more toxins into the environment. I know it‘s difficult to do, but I try to eliminate plastics from my clothing choices of consumer goods etc. as much as possible. Though I stop short of making it my life’s work or crusade, I do what I can. This is a horrible idea in my opinion, another case of “just because you can doesn’t mean you should“.
The only hope I have left is that if I ever do and my food tastes like anything other than the food itself like if it tastes like foam, gasoline, etc., then I do see your point. Thanks for your input 🙂

So the only way you can see his point is if the end result leaves your food tasting bad? Not the other part about how fucked up it is in the first place to burn synthetic polymers as a fuel source environment be damned? If it tastes ok, who cares?

Reactions: Doobie_D
D

Deleted member 8978

In a way, both. Only a fool would get sick and compromise the environment over an empty stomach, but that would be my opinion.

So the only way you can see his point is if the end result leaves your food tasting bad? Not the other part about how fucked up it is in the first place to burn synthetic polymers as a fuel source environment be damned? If it tastes ok, who cares?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Not a big deal in Vermont in November but probably a great way to start a forest fire out west.

California gender reveal party, now with more napalm!

• Haha
Reactions: Doobie_D and Barf

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads