141FAADC-7635-4BC8-A5A9-1A92EC89575F.jpeg
5D3029DA-64E5-4326-AE25-8875E0A6B2C0.jpeg

Attachments

• A2811047-F4DB-4F87-8E9F-AF2C4781A3C5.jpeg
    A2811047-F4DB-4F87-8E9F-AF2C4781A3C5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 256

Bushpig

Reaction score
I've got a journal too. I'm sure a lot of people keep one. It's great that you shared yours and are willing to let people into your mind a little. Used to draw when I was a kid. I've got space and may start making small sketches. Maybe I'll share here at some point.

Good luck on your journey! Your pack may be heavier than you need it to be. Mine was killing me too. I removed my sleep system from the pack and it made a world of difference. I carry my sleep shit like a duffel bag now and although I don't have 2 free hands, it's more manageable now. I'll probably make more adjustments before hitting the road again.

D

Deleted member 125

I carry my sleep shit like a duffel bag now and although I don't have 2 free hands, it's more manageable now. I'll probably make more adjustments before hitting the road again.

Removing yer sleep system should not be the first thing you think to do when needing to cut down weight. Chances are you got less important things in yer pack you can ditch to cut on weight.

It's also possible that the reason yalls packs feel heavy is because its packed wrong. Look into proper packaging techniques for yer particular pack. It makes a huge difference.

Kenada

Reaction score
Hey guys I appreciate checking out my journal. Please don’t worry about my pack though. It’s my personal journal I was just venting in it. I’ll be posting updates hopefully daily.

Reactions: LuckyMinnie

Bushpig

Reaction score
Removing yer sleep system should not be the first thing you think to do when needing to cut down weight. Chances are you got less important things in yer pack you can ditch to cut on weight.

It's also possible that the reason yalls packs feel heavy is because its packed wrong. Look into proper packaging techniques for yer particular pack. It makes a huge difference.
I hear ya. I have a really heavy sleep system though. The MSS (minus the cold weather bag) and a camping hammock. It's a heavy system. Plus a medium Alice with the frame. I could lose a couple pounds, but not enough to make it comfy with my sleep gear on it. It doesn't help that I have a fucked up back either.

roamingsnake

Reaction score
I love seeing your updates every day, especially the drawings! I journal just about every day (and draw less; used to go pretty hardcore with the art, but less so now), so I know when I start traveling I'll get my own travel journal, too. Anyway, it's cool to see someone else Journaling, and I look forward to seeing more from you!! Best.

Reactions: Kenada

Kenada

Reaction score
I love seeing your updates every day, especially the drawings! I journal just about every day (and draw less; used to go pretty hardcore with the art, but less so now), so I know when I start traveling I'll get my own travel journal, too. Anyway, it's cool to see someone else Journaling, and I look forward to seeing more from you!! Best.
I’m not the best at sketching or writing so this is an awesome way to refine my skills. While also being able to share my journey with people that might not be able to take the leap for whatever reason. Thanks for following my journey!

Reactions: roamingsnake

roamingsnake

Reaction score
@Kenada That's the best way to do it! You already know how to follow lines and shapes with your eye well, and your proportions and use of space are excellent so far!

As for Journaling, it's always a bit awkward at first, but you're right that continuing to do it will absolutely help! Some days you'll find yourself writing a lot, and other days very little, but progress is progress, whatever the form.

Reactions: Kenada

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads