Photos My Travel Journal (1 Viewer)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Bushpig

Wanderer
I've got a journal too. I'm sure a lot of people keep one. It's great that you shared yours and are willing to let people into your mind a little. Used to draw when I was a kid. I've got space and may start making small sketches. Maybe I'll share here at some point.

Good luck on your journey! Your pack may be heavier than you need it to be. Mine was killing me too. I removed my sleep system from the pack and it made a world of difference. I carry my sleep shit like a duffel bag now and although I don't have 2 free hands, it's more manageable now. I'll probably make more adjustments before hitting the road again.

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
I carry my sleep shit like a duffel bag now and although I don't have 2 free hands, it's more manageable now. I'll probably make more adjustments before hitting the road again.
Removing yer sleep system should not be the first thing you think to do when needing to cut down weight. Chances are you got less important things in yer pack you can ditch to cut on weight.

It's also possible that the reason yalls packs feel heavy is because its packed wrong. Look into proper packaging techniques for yer particular pack. It makes a huge difference.

OP
Kenada

Kenada

Rambler
Hey guys I appreciate checking out my journal. Please don’t worry about my pack though. It’s my personal journal I was just venting in it. I’ll be posting updates hopefully daily.

Bushpig

Wanderer
Removing yer sleep system should not be the first thing you think to do when needing to cut down weight. Chances are you got less important things in yer pack you can ditch to cut on weight.

It's also possible that the reason yalls packs feel heavy is because its packed wrong. Look into proper packaging techniques for yer particular pack. It makes a huge difference.
I hear ya. I have a really heavy sleep system though. The MSS (minus the cold weather bag) and a camping hammock. It's a heavy system. Plus a medium Alice with the frame. I could lose a couple pounds, but not enough to make it comfy with my sleep gear on it. It doesn't help that I have a fucked up back either.

roamingsnake

I love seeing your updates every day, especially the drawings! I journal just about every day (and draw less; used to go pretty hardcore with the art, but less so now), so I know when I start traveling I'll get my own travel journal, too. Anyway, it's cool to see someone else Journaling, and I look forward to seeing more from you!! Best.

OP
Kenada

Kenada

Rambler
I love seeing your updates every day, especially the drawings! I journal just about every day (and draw less; used to go pretty hardcore with the art, but less so now), so I know when I start traveling I'll get my own travel journal, too. Anyway, it's cool to see someone else Journaling, and I look forward to seeing more from you!! Best.
I’m not the best at sketching or writing so this is an awesome way to refine my skills. While also being able to share my journey with people that might not be able to take the leap for whatever reason. Thanks for following my journey!

roamingsnake

@Kenada That's the best way to do it! You already know how to follow lines and shapes with your eye well, and your proportions and use of space are excellent so far!

As for Journaling, it's always a bit awkward at first, but you're right that continuing to do it will absolutely help! Some days you'll find yourself writing a lot, and other days very little, but progress is progress, whatever the form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Jessharman