Photos - My past year in Asia | Squat the Planet

Photos My past year in Asia

kitkat

Reaction score
So, thought I'd share a couple of snaps i have from the past year or so in asia. Bits and pieces collected from here and there when I've remembered. All taken on phones

IMG_1868.jpg

Kashgar - old city
IMG_1807.jpg

Kyrgyzstan - almost to the kashgar border, super easy hitches that day.

IMG_1934.jpg
After Kashgar to Urumqi in china, amazing region and people! as you can see

IMG_0814.jpg

West Nepal. One of the many camp spots along the way on the bank of karnali river. I don't know what it is about the sand but lighting a fire on the banks at night, the sand would glisten silver by the light of the moon

IMG_1845.jpg

China/Kyrgyz border.
The Uyghurs mainly reside in Xinjiang, China and most do not speak mandarin, there is quite a bit of tension between them - indigenous to the region - and the chinese gov, the region they reside in was claimed by china in 1945

IMG_1126.jpg

Varanasi on the Ganges
The men usually take the buffalo from their enclosure to the ganges during the day where they can cool off in the river. Not in this picture are the heavy scents of incense and smoke, the music, the sounds of life in the background and the energy of the place which I think comes from the alleged 3500 yrs history and stories come and gone, it's such a beautiful chaos

IMG_0566.jpg

The gear in Nepal

10689451_10205490194479748_7421332829443349485_n.jpg

Flat tire in village. We tried with crowbars, it kinda worked

IMG_1271.jpg

Manikaran, India
Went for a walk in the woods and saw him out the corner of my eye. He was so incredibly high up! I said 'achaaa!' (wow/really/good/ok/hmm - very useful expression) and made climbing motions, he laughed and started speaking really fast in hindi. Something something dinner...confirmed with a friend later that bhaee was collecting firewood for dinner. Damn he was a good climber.

IMG_2634.jpg

Kalinga, Phillipines. One of the most colourful jeepneys i saw

IMG_1287.jpg

Manikaran, India
Sacred place according to hinduism, the valley is dense with thermal springs.
Also learnt the lesson on how the packs of street dogs here go a bit wild at night after getting bit by one. if I had to go out, I always had something in my hands, a big rock and stick like the women here or a flashlight.

IMG_1871.jpg

Kashgar animal bazaar.

2015-04-26-at-15-59-19.png

Kashgar
No matter how many times I witness it, watching an animal getting its neck slit still gave me goosebumps. There were a crowd of us as the locals also watched on. The 3 behind him were huddled in and were next, his family's kebab shop next door needed more mutton for their famous kebabs and stews. And they were so so good.

2015-04-26-at-15-51-16.png

Step 2.

2015-04-26-at-15-03-54.png

Kashgar animal bazaar - test riding.

IMG_0612.jpg

Kathmandu - close to freak street

IMG_0303.jpg

Nepal

IMG_0213.jpg

2hrs north Pohkara, Nepal

Attachments

• IMG_1864.jpg
    IMG_1864.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 245

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Aaaaah this makes me miss Asia soo much!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads