My name's Dustin I'm new! Need traveling ideas and advice!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I'm 17 living in Idaho, I've got all the gear and some money saved up, I want to hop freight trains and hitchhike, I just don't know the ropes and I can't decide on a destination.
HELP PLEASE

Welcome to STP. You say you have the gear and that is cool, and it sounds like you are waiting for the weather to break? So in between go scour our website for the posted information from our members in our many subforums and do read all the resourses links (top of the website) that have been filed as well. Research where you want to go, the weather, etc. Perhaps try to find a fellow road dog (we have a roaddawg subforum) to try and travel with at first. Just be safe and good luck - and do bounce off questions to us when you've read some of the info listed here because those members can jump back in and probably help you further. :)

Billy Cougar White

Reaction score
Google brave Dave for how to on riding trains
There is a whole section in the hopping forum about how bad brave Dave and his videos are for real hoppers. I haven't hopped yet, just what I heard while doing my research

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads