My names Angie, and I'm trying to get out of Nebraska.

astreet09

Reaction score
I've been reading these forums for about two years, and made an account about half a year ago. I've traveled some, hitchhiked some, and have never hopped trains, but would love to.

I've been moving around a lot in the last couple years. My home is Nebraska, but I WWOOFed in New Mexico for a couple months with my then partner. Made several trips to Denver, and one to KC.

I guess I am looking to meet people and get out of the shitty winter rut that I'm in. I'm going to DC for a minute in February, and after that I've been planning on WWOOFing in TX, but if I had a choice, I'd rather learn to hop trains and travel with someone/several people who know what the fuck they're doing. I know what I want to do with my life, and know that at some point I'm going to be at point where it feels right to buckle down and get shit done. But for a while, I think I need to keep meeting people, and hang out, and get drunk, and fucking laugh about some stuff.

This is the best I can do for an introduction over the internet:
I'm a feminist. I'm quiet, especially right after I meet someone, but once I warm up to you I'm funny, and am loyal as fuck. You can't ever tell when I'm drunk, with the exception that I just talk louder. I'm told its hilarious. I am a vegetarian, but occasionally indulge in fish. I don't care what your dietary preferences are, I'm going to respect you regardless. I play the ukulele and I like to read. I have two pet rats that I love, but am not going to travel with anymore. I'm low maintenance, I pack light, and I don't whine about having to walk. I'm also not terrible looking, and it has yet to take more than an hour for me to hitch a ride. I also carry mace and a knife. I'm not a scumfuck, I pay for my own shit, and I'm not going to waste your time or talk down to you.

So, if you think you'd be into hanging out, either respond to this or message me or something. Even if you don't want to hang out but feel like talking to me, thats cool too.

astreet09

Reaction score
Thanks guys! After DC I'm going home for probably a week or so, and planning out when to leave for Texas and the like. I've already talked to the guy who owns the farm a lot, and he's really cool, so it shouldn't take too long to figure out.

And the stuff in the background of my picture is the garage/bike shop at Scum of the Earth church in Denver. I'm not a christian/crustian, but it was behind the alley of the house I was staying at. Tons of cool people. I love Denver a lot.

menu

Reaction score
Im in CO if you're trying to get out. Im ready to roll. just kinda waiting till I get a warm week. heading east aswell

rationale

Reaction score
Hello. If you know anything about train yards in the Denver area please PM me. I have not hopped a train either (or traveled at all for that matter), but am looking to do so. Also, nice intro :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads