My introduction I guess

NamelessExistence

I wipe my own ass
Reaction score
Wuddup. Been living in my van for a few years doing seasonal jobs and I dig it but basically got down to pretty much living out my backpack. Thinking about leaving the van for a bit and traveling. Either freight or possibly bike touring and hitching. Kinda wanna just roam around and find work while exploring watever I can

smeller

Reaction score
Hey! Fellow van dweller here. What kind of seasonal work have you done? Anything you’ve learned that you would pass along? I’m currently in Georgia. I’ve gotten into this cycle of working grocery jobs for a few months and moving on and I’d like to break out somehow.

NamelessExistence

I wipe my own ass
Reaction score
I work landscaping and mowing, also a bit of shoveling and learning a bit of plowing. I also have experience working at a ski/snowboard spot in the Midwest. Wat do u mean in terms of pass along wat I’ve learned? Like work? Van? I’ve heard grocery isn’t the best from most ppl. If u want out, I’d suggest thinking of wat u wanna do or if u wanna move onto somewhere else and consider ur hobbies. If u wanna save money and be fed I recommend working in the food industry. Like a sandwich shop, grill, small or big restaurant. Often times with mall food chains ppl are willing to do trades. Ex: I worked at a JJ’s and we got tight with the other food court spots and restaurants in the mall by calling em and asking if they wanted to trade food. At one point most restaurants were in contact and calling each other to talk specials and trades. Everyone was happy and fed well

Reactions: smeller

smeller

Reaction score
I was just wondering what types of seasonal work you’d done and if there was anything you’d recommend/not. Good stuff here, thanks. Best of luck with your next phase 🍀

NamelessExistence

I wipe my own ass
Reaction score
Word. Same to u. I’m actually a bit curious of how GA may be. Been thinking of heading somewhere warm and was thinking of roaming around the warm states next year. Any tips, heads up or maybe good seasonal work in the area is most def appreciated

smeller

Reaction score
I’ve been in Savannah for a few weeks and so far I think it’s cool. I can’t tell you much about seasonal work, but if that changes I’ll let you know. I spent the last couple of winters in Tucson and San Diego, which were a lot warmer, but Savannah’s not bad. 30s at night. Seems to be a strong local music scene, especially for the city’s size, if that matters to you. If you’re looking for warmth, southwest is a great choice. Southern CA has deserts, mountains, beaches, big cities, small towns, all within a few hundred miles. You can travel a lot without going far there.

Reactions: NamelessExistence

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads