Video - My "free" boat | Squat the Planet

Video My "free" boat

Section 8

Reaction score
See if I can get this to work..my free boat..was owned by a IWW merchant marine who my buddy shared a handle with one nite and somehow the guy ended up falling in the water,hitting his head,possible heart attack in winter cold water, found dead the next day. Boat was left to die in the corner of the boatyard for years, I made an offer of 500, the boat was still packed with the guys stuff, I put on his carhartt work coat and found 5 100 bills in the pocket. Heres what I did after that, I ended up redoing the boat this year, white with a varnished transom,,want to go back to her anarchy roots of black, guy had all kinds of cool ass anarchy arm bands and flags he had made. anyway, heres a video.

• Sad
Reactions: Joni

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Interesting you are!! That is a very cool find (ze boat) - plus a great thing in your life to do. Dooooo keep us invovled!

xRENx

Reaction score
awesome man i've been thinking about river boating for years. some friends and i were talking about building a shanty house boat using barrels and other recycled materials. there are a lot of books on the subject i can hook you up with

Attachments

• 10523919_315129711996591_4366611307901320038_n.jpg
    10523919_315129711996591_4366611307901320038_n.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 390

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
yeah, that looks amazing, and finding the money in the pocket of his jacket just makes me think his spirit wanted you to make sure that boat lived on :D

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
WOw that boat looks kickass.... thats bigger then the 22ft in the recent hundred dollar boat thread?? what size kind boat is that? and that keel? on it thats not the shallow kind im guessing...

eyeballing it its another ten.... 32feet? im duno

Section 8

Reaction score
damn I been gone for awhile...its 1966 Pearson Wanderer 30,,,I just tryied to head south down the icw,,like a dumbass I took way too many drugs,dogfood,and some kind of poisonous sniffing tripping powder..blew my mixing elbow,,got caught in a 30 mph,5 foot sea northeaster for 3 fkn days at the helm,,was horrible

atlastalias

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
damn I been gone for awhile...its 1966 Pearson Wanderer 30,,,I just tryied to head south down the icw,,like a dumbass I took way too many drugs,dogfood,and some kind of poisonous sniffing tripping powder..blew my mixing elbow,,got caught in a 30 mph,5 foot sea northeaster for 3 fkn days at the helm,,was horrible
What the hell? Lol

TravellerNick

Reaction score
Pearson Wanderer eh! Very nice. Don't give up on it. I have this idea that sailing can save me an my friends from drink an drugs by giving us something else to fight for. There have been too many good people go down to hill to death because they have nothing to fight for. I'm watching one do that right now and I might have to step in to save her before she dies.
My personal plan is to take on crew (liķe her), teach them sailing and boat maintenance before finally helping them get their own boat.
Just remember that fighting that storm can be one of the best highs you can get but looking after that boat means you have to really be on the game. Liiving on that boat can also give you the freedom from society that could be the reason for so much fuckedupness in our lives.
I've got a Westerly Pentland and I'm about one year away from setting sail.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads