my dog has worms... question about blackwalnut wormwood tincture... | Squat the Planet

my dog has worms... question about blackwalnut wormwood tincture...

TN1989

Reaction score
so my dog has worms... ive been feeding him garlic and pumpkin seed and fig... but i went and got some blackwalnut and wormwood tincture but i dont know how to give it to him... does anyone know if i can just put it right into his food... or will that like make it not work or something... i thought about just holding his mouth open and just pouring a couple drops down his throat but the stuff smells so strong i think it prolly taste like shit so if i can avoid torturing my baby i want too haha. so if anyone knows the right way to give a dog blackwalnut wormwood tincture to treat worms your info would be greatly appreciated! thank you.

Myechtatel

Reaction score
not sure but i heard black walnut tastes like ash. i doubt you could get him to eat it. try making a tea and soaking his food in it. maybe add some sugar? i know thats counterproductive but that's the only way it would be palatable to a human. not sure about the wormwood. hope this helped a little.

Dameon

Reaction score
Why doesn't anybody ever just go to the pet store and get a bottle of dewormer? It costs about $12. Instead, people would rather shove all kinds of random horrible stuff down a dog's throat in the hopes that it'll kill worms. There's a reason they make dewormer; if my dog had worms I would just fork out the money and get rid of them as quickly and painlessly as possible so my dog would be happy and healthy.

Wormwood is bitter as all hell; good luck getting your dog to eat anything with that stuff on it.

Reactions: KnottyGrrl

TN1989

Reaction score
i know dewormer is really cheap... i called three different vets in my area and the animal shelter... none of them would let me buy the dewormer without taking him in for a check up first which ran between 40-60 bucks. so... 12 bucks for dewormer 40 bucks for a check up and then one place even said the test that theyd give him to make sure he had him would cost money too. maybe i could buy the dewormer on the internet??
but.. in the mean time untill i get some $$$ in like two weeks cause i hate panning where i live... im tryna do the organic thing cause... i mean... they had to treat worms somehow before dewormer???
he doesnt seem to really mind the wormwood too bad.

Lizzzzz

Reaction score
worms can't live in a system with nicotine. one small pinch of tobacco (shoved down the throat cuz i doubt he'd eat it) a day keeps all worms away including heartworms, and you only need to do it for like one week every month. or you can get dewormer at wallmart. there's 2 different kinds to kill the 3 types of intestinal worms. heartworm medication is not attainable without a vet.

• Useful
Reactions: todd

Lizzzzz

Reaction score
and a small pinch is seriously a couple flakes. doesn't take much at all. it sounds like it's horrible but it's how my 3 1/2 year old lab has stayed worm free since she was a pup

Nelco

Reaction score
there's a thread like this, in general banter, that has a lot of good idea's.

Nelco

Reaction score
Why doesn't anybody ever just go to the pet store and get a bottle of dewormer? It costs about $12. Instead, people would rather shove all kinds of random horrible stuff down a dog's throat in the hopes that it'll kill worms. There's a reason they make dewormer; if my dog had worms I would just fork out the money and get rid of them as quickly and painlessly as possible so my dog would be happy and healthy.

Wormwood is bitter as all hell; good luck getting your dog to eat anything with that stuff on it.

never knew that...i'm a sideways dumbass

Lizzzzz

Reaction score
yeah.. thats why you only do a couple flakes of tobacco. ANY trace of nicotine in a dog's system and worms cant live. my dog's never gotten sick from it. dogs are also supposed to be allergic to garlic but i've given it to her as an antibiotic/antifungal when we had ringworm (which is not a worm but a fungus, but you dirty fuckin kids should know that!)

Dmac

Reaction score
you can find dewormers at pretty much any store with a pets section. and they are usually easy to pocket if you don't have money.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads