Muddy Banks of the Wishkah - Aberdeen, WA

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Name: Young St. Bridge

History: Cobain claimed that when he could not find anywhere else to stay, he lived under a bridge over the Wishkah River, an experience that inspired the Nevermind track "Something in the Way". However in 2001 Krist Novoselic claimed that Cobain never really lived there, saying, "He hung out there, but you couldn't live on those muddy banks, with the tides coming up and down. That was his own revisionism."

What's there: A bridge with a muddy bank. I've heard there's a lot of tags under the bridge and goodbye notes to Kurt Cobain.

Why we want to go: Just one of those places I wanted to check out when I was a kid and listened to Nirvana a lot.

More Info:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TIEnlv3Cec
Wishkah River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://current.com/items/89235857/leonard_knight_creator_of_salvation_mountain_folk_art_monument.htm

st1tch

Reaction score
I'd love to go there, I never really considered it even though I was a diehard Cobain fan. (Still am, really.)

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
yeah man.. if you take your bus there you should def. take pics. and post them. I used to listen to a lotta nirvana too and would be interested in seeing it.

menu

Reaction score
ArrowInOre said:
OHHH SNAP...

I had a pal try to camp out there once, woke up in water and lost most of his gear...

damn. thats a rude awakening for sure

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
That sounds like it would be fun...your youtube link goes to the salvation mountain website by the way..don't know if you are aware of that

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads