2016 Jamboree - Movie Night? | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

2016 Jamboree Movie Night?

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2016 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
alright folks, so we technically only have two nights during the jambo to show movies, and i'm trying to keep the length of each movie night reasonable so we can move on to partying. so i think we'll do a double-feature each night.

right now we have:
  • shelter - a squatumentary (45 minutes)
  • annoying (90 minutes)
  • hold fast (75 minutes)
  • the travelers (50 minutes)
  • who is bozo texino (60 minutes)
  • wedding train (35 minutes)
  • emperor of the north (2 hours)
with some various shorts before and in between films. as you can see we have more than enough films to show, probably too many really. a LOT of train hopping stuff. personally i think we should pair it down to:

Friday Night:
  • annoying (90 minutes)
Saturday Night:
  • hold fast (75 minutes)
Sunday Night:
i basically picture everyone coming back from exploring the slabs/salton sea at sunset, grab some grub, sit down and watch something for 2 hours, then commence party town usa.

what do you all think?

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
Sounds cool to me! And during the day we can show cartoons/shows/whatevs inside Horde Hall, which has been converted to a small viewing/performance room, able to hold about 15-20 peeps comfortably.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Sounds cool to me! And during the day we can show cartoons/shows/whatevs inside Horde Hall, which has been converted to a small viewing/performance room, able to hold about 15-20 peeps comfortably.
I have more than enough random cartoons to put on a loop in Horde Hall. All the ones from before plus a whole bunch more.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
Natasha Velvet & I had been hitting up some thrift stores, coming up the coast.. we hit a St. Vincent Depaul's somewhere in.. Oregon...?

anyways, i found this bitching full color prismatic projector.. put anything on it, & it images to a wall, screen, whatever..

the bulb runs hot, so we'll need to use a cheap tablet or old used laptop to transfer files to, but that means any photos or videos or book pages or drawings or even wire work can be projected to about a 3x3 (or better) viewing area.

i would only put copies of original artwork on it, since the lamp would probably melt pastels, wax pencils, etc..

def needs to be set up in a tent or other low-light area, for day use.

Stick.. Corn!! right!! Horde Hall!!

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
We have a good projector already and Horde Hall has turned into a day viewing area, with the outdoor area being larger and the projection on the sailcloth clipped to the broadside of my conversion van!

Reactions: EphemeralStick

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
alright folks, so we technically only have two nights during the jambo to show movies, and i'm trying to keep the length of each movie night reasonable so we can move on to partying. so i think we'll do a double-feature each night.

right now we have:
  • annoying (90 minutes)
  • hold fast (75 minutes)
  • the travelers (50 minutes)
  • wedding train (35 minutes)
with some various shorts before and in between films. as you can see we have more than enough films to show, probably too many really. a LOT of train hopping stuff. personally i think we should pair it down to:

Friday Night:
  • annoying (90 minutes)
Saturday Night:
  • hold fast (75 minutes)
Sunday Night:
i basically picture everyone coming back from exploring the slabs/salton sea at sunset, grab some grub, sit down and watch something for 2 hours, then commence party town usa.

what do you all think?

Hey Matt - I see The Travelers was planned out - but can we at least show the 10 min seg of when Shoestring appears - I can look at the times he appears. He's happy as a clam that some people see his him. Plus with all the rig-a-ma-role with getting access to the documentary it would be cool.

Thanks!!!

Reactions: Kal

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Reactions: Kal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads