2016 Jamboree - Movie Night? | Squat the Planet

2016 Jamboree Movie Night?

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2016 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
For those that weren't around last year, we had a short movie presentation at the Slab City outdoor theater. We only showed one short film, but it was fun getting everyone together to do so. I was thinking maybe we could do an expanded version of that this year, where we show travel related movies or anything else fun and interesting.

I think it would be particularly fun to find really bad documentaries about train hopping (remember the MTV one?) and laugh/boo/cheer at them.

Good idea? Bad idea? What movies would be fun?

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Having a movie night would be great, however we would most likely need someone to bring a projector and screen set-up this time around. Last year we saw Kai's documentary at Movie Matt's place and, sad to say, he passed on last month. I'm not sure who, if anyone, is taking care of his space now. Still this is a great idea and definitely worth doing! It would be cool to see people's various projects, I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who enjoy making videos about our brand travel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kal

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Last year we saw Kai's documentary at Movie Matt's place and, sad to say, he passed on last month

aww shit, i didn't even know that. shitty...

worst case scenario, i can borrow a projector from my work as long as i bring it back when i return to austin.

Kal

Reaction score
Good Ideal had fun at the last one. As far as movies anything that involves traveling or even the gypsy life style.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
has anyone seen this movie?

Reactions: Dmac

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
there's also hold fast if anyone is interested in a diy punk boat doc:

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Hold fast is fucking good ahah the guys are nuts! ahaha xD

ANNOYING sounds like a great movie, and there's also a movie released by th band Conflict, called The ungovernable force. Its not about travelling, but it's about punk and its trash as fuck!! Just perfect :p

If you guys are doing this between may and october, I'll definitely show up!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
If you guys are doing this between may and october, I'll definitely show up!

it's going to be the 21st through the 23rd of october :)

also, i haven't heard of that conflict movie, i'll check it out. i'm downloading a better copy of the end of western civilization part 3....

A

Adnil

That sounds like a great idea, I'll definitely show up if it falls through.
My movie recommendation will have to be Chillerama, not punk or about travellin, but it's shitty in a glorious way.

• Sad
Reactions: Matt Derrick

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
it's going to be the 21st through the 23rd of october.

Shit, wanted to be back to Montreal on the 14th... I'll check if I bail it or if I hitch back and forth for it!

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
Having a movie night would be great, however we would most likely need someone to bring a projector and screen set-up this time around. Last year we saw Kai's documentary at Movie Matt's place and, sad to say, he passed on last month. I'm not sure who, if anyone, is taking care of his space now.

Remember that Matt was a very close friend of mine... that said, his projector is now in my possession and the screen will be soon also and movie night will be continued by next season here at the Library. I thought I told you that? Oh well.

I'm thinking we're going to call it Movie Matt's Memorial Movie Monday. Can you say "MMMMM?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads