Most Dangerous Region

drode

Pilgrim
Current Location
Yes,
Pueblo isn't bad at all. The worst experience was with a cop telling me one thing about panhandling and another damn near writing me a ticket for it the next day. I walked through the dead of night there twice to scope out hopouts and there wasn't even an indication of sketchiness. Except meeting some weirdos playing accordion in a park at 2 AM.

Billings is fine if you stick to the area around the interstate.

Alexandria LA is hood as shit. Don't move around at night in that town and definitely don't go down Lee st.

I walked all the way from Bensenville to Chicago. I understand why they call it Chi-raq now.

DuHastMich

Wayfarer
Current Location
Kokomo, United States
I have to agree with those who say Billings is a fuckhole. My experience wasn't so much with meth, but a few Native Americans who would get drunk off Listerine and want to fight me. Besides, the serpico aren't friendly, either.

Joplin, MO was "interesting". Chill one day, a completely clusterfuck the next.

Albuquerque (around the Greyhound station) was pretty rough.

Salt Lake City, too, was on-again-off-again fucked up. Head up towards Ogden, all is good.

justbreathe

Current Location
Baltimore
i have to say- "rednecks" are almost always nice, good, giving people (as im def one myself) but they do judge -- as all do -- so just be honest. u drink? get high? whatever. just be true. if ( big if here) they can help, most will. i know there are ones that are assholes but every walk of life has assholes... lets just judge people individually not on race, sex or location- - just my opinion

Reactions: DuHastMich

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Flagstaff, AZ
Website
www.youtube.com
Damn, I though I could give some good input, but everything has been covered already.

I would never hitch east of Texas, not because I'm afraid. There is just nothing worth seeing over there in my opinion. I likes me wide open spaces.

Be very careful hitchhiking on Reservations. I have horror stories. Including being brought to a meth den full of drunk guys, and nearly being jumped and left for dead in the middle of nowhere. And that was just the Navajo rez. Not even that bad.

Avoid major cities. Excluding a few, San Fran, Portland, Denver, Seattle.

Meh. I don't have allot of negative stories hitching. I try to be very careful, becoming another statistic would go against everything I have been doing to promote a hitchhiking comeback.

Reactions: DuHastMich

DuHastMich

Wayfarer
Current Location
Kokomo, United States
Yeah, I've traveled through several reservations, but never stopped. Once I tried to hitch from Michigan to the Badlands, but was kinda getting bad juju from the South Dakota locals around Yankton, so got the fuck out and never made it there (to this day). That was in '97.

Denver really wasn't too terrible to me. Fort Collins, however, was ruthless in terms of law enforcement on my nuts.

Reactions: Coywolf

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Hoteled up tonight..thank Jesus crust
I hate Oregon sooooo much! I really need to get out of here sooner than later really badly!!!!!!!
😥😱😴
Haven't posted in over a year. In Taos, not sure where I am going. Would love to find a woodshop to work in for a bit, wherever
I had to finish my nail polish before heading out of town, and finally got enough sunlight to do so!
It's not that I wanted to be a quitter, it's that I wanted to live to ride another day.
I’m leaving Salem today, by any means necessary 🖖🏼
Sorry for the absence; I'm a scatterbrained motherfucker. Currently in Portland OR for the evening, heading toward Seattle. Who's around? 🤘
Cigarettes ☠ /or/ Tear soaked cheeks 💗
The nightmare continues.
The witch called the cops on me again. Breaching no contract order. Might be going back to jail. Bout ready to quit here.
LA : Orange County :: Portland : Salem (but miserably cold)

Members online

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
loganm35